Home – New Forums Find the help you need AMA – Ask me Anything – Tax & Tax Return Related Questions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    StevenTax
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

With the financial year having just ended, most of you will be looking at lodging your tax returns in July and getting those refunds as soon as possible.

If you have any tax or tax related questions then ask below and I will answer them for you.

Disclaimer: Any advice or answers given will be general in nature and you may need to speak to a tax adviser for more personalised advice.

Look forward to answering all your tax queries.

Ask Away!

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi and Welcome to Flying Solo [USER=99441]@StevenTax[/USER].

Thanks for joining and posting this thread – I am looking forward to the Q&A.

In the meantime, I am not sure if you can answer the GST related question in this thread

Cheers

IXC
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Hi Steven,

My husband is a painter and has recently gone out on his own and I have a couple of tax deduction questions I’m hoping you can help me with.

1) We live in a small country town and sometimes I drive into the nearest larger town in our private use car (husband has a work vehicle) to pick up supplies for him at the larger paint supply shop. Can these trips be claimed? He is claiming the use of his work vehicle and I was wondering if he can claim these trips done in a second vehicle?

2) We are renting and he is using our entire garage to store all his gear and paint. Can we claim part of our rent as he is using it for work storage? If so, how do I figure out what to claim?

3) He also has a desk and computer set up in the spare room that he uses for doing his bookkeeping. Can we claim a portion of our internet for this? And also does this use of floor space count as a business deduction as well even though it’s not a full time office at home?

Thanks in advance :)
    Zel

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.