Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Amazing Home Cooks and Foodies who want a home cooked meal – Hello

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Rumana
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    ::

Hello to everyone in this wonderful community, especially the amazing Home Cooks and the Foodies who crave for a home cooked meal.

I am Rumana, founder of an exciting start-up – mamaCOOKoo
    connecting passionate Home Cooks with hungry locals who crave for a delicious home made meal. Foodies, I have included some mouthwatering pictures of the dishes our Home Cooks have made.

I am looking for amazing Home Cooks throughout Sydney, who can cook any cuisine from home. Please signup as a Home Cook at http://mamacookoo.com/ so that we can have a chat.

I am also looking for Foodies who crave for a home cooked meal. Please signup as a Foodie at https://mamacookoo.com/, and we will let you know what’s cooking near you.

Quirky name? Cookoo means mother hen in Swahili, and it reflects what we are about “food that reminds us of home… mamas and grandmamas…and their magic in the kitchen”.

Cheers,

Lucinda Lions
    • Total posts: 104
    Up

Hello Rumana

Welcome to the Flying Solo forums!

Wishing you lots of success with your business. What an interesting and useful concept.

One tip…I visited your website and the Home page took quite a while to load. Not sure if this is just an issue at my end, but it may be something to look into?

Look forward to seeing you around.
    Lucinda :)

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712
    Up

Loaded fine for me :)

Might run into trouble with health and safety regs and your local council. It is illegal to sell (and give away in some cases) home cooked food without a commercial or registered kitchen and it can be difficult to get a home kitchen registered in many councils without making expensive alterations.
    If someone gets food poisoning it could be a nightmare.

That said, I love the idea and I hope you can get it to work out.

Rumana
    Up
    Rowan @ GardenLarder, post: 191062 wrote:
    Loaded fine for me :)

Might run into trouble with health and safety regs and your local council. It is illegal to sell (and give away in some cases) home cooked food without a commercial or registered kitchen and it can be difficult to get a home kitchen registered in many councils without making expensive alterations.
    If someone gets food poisoning it could be a nightmare.

That said, I love the idea and I hope you can get it to work out.

Hi Rowan,

Thanks for your helpful tips. Yes we have considered these issues, and have taken them into account.

By the way, I checked out your website and I love what you are doing :).

Cheers,
    Rumana

Jason G
    • Total posts: 32
    Up

Hi & welcome Rumana,

Great business concept, the food looks great!

All the best

Rumana
    Up
    JasonSP, post: 191090 wrote:
    Hi & welcome Rumana,

Great business concept, the food looks great!

All the best

Hi Jason,

Thanks so much. It would really mean a lot to me if you could spread the word about mamaCOOKoo to your foodie friends and any MasterChef hopefuls you may know ;).

Cheers,

Wordsmith
    • Total posts: 194
    Up

Great concept and I love the name and that you explained its meaning!
    Wishing you much success in business and beyond :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.