Home – New Forums Starting your journey Ambitions too high?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    keepsmiling
    • Total posts: 53
    Up
    ::

am starting my distribution business and I am finding it hard to target certain markets. I have two ongoing customers and the occassional one off customers- I want to earn $900 per month- am I am being too ambition? I currently earn about $300 a month from current customers. I only charge $15 per 1000 flyers and am halve the price of other customers- I use to charge $20 but went down in price to get customers and I am sticking to this rate.
    Can a small business starting out sometimes be too ambition-I feel like I am failure and not a success because I don’t have my target customer base yet.
    Am I being too hard on my myself?

IconTim
    • Total posts: 17
    Up

Hi KeepSmiling

The answer probably lies in your username!!

Its hard to answer your question about ambition without knowing the potential size of the marketplace – is it possible to earn $900 in your market? Is there triple the potential from what you are doing now?

If yes, then you are certainly on the right track

Cheers

None
    • Total posts: 19
    Up

Hi KeepSmiling,

Don’t give up just yet. I think we have all been there- that point where you start to feel that it will just never happen…

Just keep going and you’ll get there. People often make the mistake of thinking that success is a result of a single action- ie if I just do x then it will work and I will be successful. In truth, success is a process. Just keep going- test and track what you are doing and if you are not getting your desired results then tweak it a little and test and track the results- lol repeat as necessary :-)

You’ll get there and yes, it does sound like you are being a little hard on yourself. Keep smiling :-)

Rhia

FionaFell
    • Total posts: 342
    Up

The others are correct in standing behind your username: Keep Smiling.

You are already working brilliantly, and if your marketing continues (assuming you are marketing yourself) business will grow over time.

Just be SMART about your goals and you can acheive your ambitions, no matter how big they seem right now.

Small steps add up over time.

Warren Cottis
    Participant
    • Total posts: 807
    Up

Hi there

It’s easy to be “average” so don’t be too tough on yourself … your ambitions can never be too high or else we would all still think the world is flat

The most important thing is that you have developed a trusted repeat business relationship with two customers. They obviously believe that you can deliver (sorry for the pun)

So go and talk to these customers and see if there is anything else you can do for them… you never know… based on what they tell you, you might be in a totally different business in six months which is not so price sensitive and still have them as customers

mcboom
    • Total posts: 86
    Up

If you believe you can achieve something and want it badly enough you will find a way to make it happen. The power of the human mind is amazing !

david.pagotto
    • Total posts: 19
    Up
    mcboom, post: 11917 wrote:
    If you believe you can achieve something and want it badly enough you will find a way to make it happen. The power of the human mind is amazing !

Mcboom, I completely agree with you!

Candise
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

“Ambition is the path to success. Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.”

Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.

Jeremy
    • Total posts: 23
    Up

Hi Keepsmiling,

Keep Smiling!!!

Set yourself some goals – daily, weekly, monthly and so on. Your end goal needs to be where you want to be… Your daily and weekly goals are things you can do to get to where you want to be…

If you want to triple your income, start small. Make a goal in the next month to make an extra $50, then the next month and extra $150 and so on.

You need to then set tasks to complete which can help you reach your goals. How are you going to make an extra $50 this month? Will more advertising help? Will door to door marketing help?

If you do a little bit every day, you’ll get there.

In the meantime… keep smiling!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.