Home – New Forums New here? Share your story An Indie Game Developer, Hi Everyone

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    JCGamer
    • Total posts: 12
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone,

My name is Jefone Chiu and in the last couple of months I have started a video game development company ‘Chiu’ (https://jefonechiu.com) and its 100% online. We have free games and a very low cost membership which allows you to play even more games.

Chiu now only develops (or in the process of developing) PC and Android games only as I have no staffs but myself.

Now I would like some advice on something that doesn’t quite work out in the past.

The first one was one of my membership (now removed) was to have people who wants to be my subcontractors to sign up for about 200$ a months and I will basically give them back 60% when they did a contract with me. However, that particular page that held this info have a 100% bounce rate, which clearly stated it is very flawed. However, my question is “why don’t people see this as a win – win situation?”

Good place to advertise? I have to try countless of places which sadly none of them draws me big audience. FB, which only result in 0.001% of people who actually clicked on the link. Fiverr (which isn’t very good for being a seller as it is very restricted to what you can charge and time limited; try making one or more games in under 2 weeks). Last but not least, solo-ads, which have a chance of someone advertising their products into your website that have no relation to your business. (i.e. selling foods in a video game business).

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi Jefone,

A big welcome to Flying Solo!

It sounds like you’re charging $200/month to work for you? Even if it’s a good deal for them overall, I can see why people might not jump at the chance. I’d try to build it into the commission structure by reducing the % or just paying them per hour maybe?

Best of luck with your new company. :)

Dave

Stuart B
    • Total posts: 1,070
    Up

I LOVE video games and have a soft spot for indie, and will definitely check your site out.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.