Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Android App – Site Safety Inspector

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    noisediary
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    ::

I understand that most people will not download this app because of the 0.99 cent price tag – but you can get a feel for the app by looking at the screenshots on the Google Play Store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.site.inspector – LINK NOT WORKING? Right click and open in new tab seems to be working though??

I am adding more checklists to the app and plan on releasing an update every two weeks until we have a comprehensive list of checklists.

Your thoughts on the look of the app? I have tried to keep it as plain and easy to use as possible.

Do you have a suggestion for the app? A checklist you would like to see added?

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up

The app looks well laid out and simple to use (from the screenshot anyway).

I suppose my question would be. Why do I need it?

I have a commercial construction background, and a cert3 OHS ticket. For this to be useful to me I’d need it to be site specific, and the inspections to be stored in a database for retrieval when needed (if the poo hits the fan) … maybe your app does this.

If it’s just a series of checklists, these would already be laid out in a site specific safety management plan and specific task SWMS.

noisediary
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    estim8, post: 156234 wrote:
    The app looks well laid out and simple to use (from the screenshot anyway).

I suppose my question would be. Why do I need it?

I have a commercial construction background, and a cert3 OHS ticket. For this to be useful to me I’d need it to be site specific, and the inspections to be stored in a database for retrieval when needed (if the poo hits the fan) … maybe your app does this.

If it’s just a series of checklists, these would already be laid out in a site specific safety management plan and specific task SWMS.

I understand exactly why you would ask that question – and talking of SWMS/JSAs, my next app is actually designed to build SWMS/JSAs from your tablet/phone.

Our app does not let you create your own checklists (yet), however we offer to make customized apps (for around $300), for clients who want their own checklists and rebranded app.

The app will email a copy of the checklist to you for later retrieval – and as mos people have email on the phone it will be easy to get your hands on if the proverbial does hit the fan.

Thank you for the positive feedback on the layout – I will try my hardest to implement some of these features ASAP.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.