Home – New Forums Starting your journey Angels, Entrepreneurs & Google

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    T J Madigan
    • Total posts: 255
    Up
    ::

I thought this might be of benefit to some start-ups here.
    Catch Up On the First Google Start-Up Do:
    http://google-au.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/catch-up-on-first-google-start-up-do.html

Google Sudo is a new initiative that Google hopes will help create a robust and supportive ecosystem for start-ups and provide access to the insights, advice, and contacts that entrepreneurs need to succeed.

AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up

Thanks for sharing TJ.

Whilst I think it is a great idea, what really annoys me is that every start-up event/initiative these days is focussing on tech start-ups and with topics like venture capital, how does that relate to the wider start-up community. I mean, honestly, how many of us will be looking for venture capital, which usually involves obtaining at least $500k in funding and providing a 20%+ return to investors.

To me that is not real start-up talk, that is just silicon valley bull.

But I guess it was hosted by Google, so I can’t be surprised in the tech start-up angle

SavvySME
    • Total posts: 201
    Up

I believe that the reason why there is so much demand for information on topics such as venture capital is because the environment here in Australia is still quite conservative. Not many investors seem to be taking a chance on young start-ups and especially in Tech because of the uncertainty. The criteria some of the investment firms put on are so strict, it’ll be very hard for tech start-ups to get investments and I believe a lot of tech start ups these days are providing valuable solutions to people.

I agree it does seem like a bit of a trend these days but there is valuable information there that you can get for a traditional business.

Considering that America does influence Australia to some extent – I don’t believe it’s a huge surprise, especially as the younger tech savvy generations start becoming more interested in business :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.