Home – New Forums Starting your journey Annual Gst and Bas requirements

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    euro88
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hello, new member here ;)

Started a company in late 2014, its registered for annual gst. The company has only made a few transactions.

I now need to do a company tax return and a annual GST return (I’ve been sent this form)

Anyways what is the requirements regarding doing BAS?? (I read some conflicting reports on weather i need to do this or not).

If a company is registered for annual GST (does the comapny still need to do a BAS?) *that’s my question.

Thanks…

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi there,

Welcome to Flying Solo! We do have some tax experts on the forums, so hopefully one of them will drop in to give you an answer.

In the meantime, we’re glad to have you here. :)

Dave

euro88
    Up

Hi Dave,

Thanks for that! It would be great if someone could help me!

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

If you’re registered for GST then you must either complete a quarterly BAS or an annual GST report.

This link may help https://www.ato.gov.au/Business/GST/Lodging-your-BAS-or-annual-GST-return/

Wendy :)

euro88
    Up

Hi Wendy, thanks for that!

Yes the company is registered for GST, so that means, I’m not required to do a quarterly BAS? Is that correct? (just the annual gst return)?

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

If you’re registered for GST and you’ve elected to report annually, then you report and pay through the annual return.

If you’re registered for GST and you’ve elected to report quarterly, then you report and pay through a quarterly BAS.

I don’t know which reporting option you chose when registering, but you can change your option if your circumstances change. You can also make it monthly.

chopesandbro
    • Total posts: 23
    Up

Why did u register for g.s.t ?

I didn’t. ..I couldn’t see any value in it ?

euro88
    Up
    Couple It, post: 222348, member: 20385 wrote:
    If you’re registered for GST and you’ve elected to report annually, then you report and pay through the annual return.

If you’re registered for GST and you’ve elected to report quarterly, then you report and pay through a quarterly BAS.

I don’t know which reporting option you chose when registering, but you can change your option if your circumstances change. You can also make it monthly.

Thanks…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.