Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Another 10 free directories to list your business

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    mybusinesshelp
    • Total posts: 128
    Up
    ::

Hey everyone

FYI I have just posted a list of another 10 Free Australian directories that you can list your business in. Go for it!

Thanks
    Amanda

rowans
    • Total posts: 21
    Up

Thanks for the great info on the free directories business can you to promote their business. I spent the Christmas break looking for these directories and adding my websites, your list would of shorten the process. Let me tell you it works. Good Job Thanks

TDGDESIGN
    • Total posts: 29
    Up
    mybusinesshelp, post: 25744 wrote:
    Hey everyone

FYI I have just posted a list of another 10 Free Australian directories that you can list your business in. Go for it!

Thanks
    Amanda

Thanks Amanda,
    These are great!

andy
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

Hey Amanda, thanks for the list!

I have submitted my business to a few of them. Just one quick question, the title is 10 FREE directories, but unless I am missing something, some do have a cost attached (Web Wombat is $40.00 per annum). Which then raises the question, will I get my money’s worth?

Thanks again

Andy

Hey everyone

Thanks
    Amanda

Chris Bates
    • Total posts: 966
    Up

Maybe in another day and age, but not likely now.

These massive link directories are starting to be weighted less and less by SEs. You’re better off spending $40 saving up for a feature article on FS or something, authority sites with like/unique content is the key.

mybusinesshelp
    Up

Hi Andy

Have a look around the sites as there is a free option (basic) listing for each one although some hide it!

Regarding getting your money’s worth. I know True Local is doing ok for some of my clients.

Ta
    Amanda

andy, post: 26435 wrote:
    Hey Amanda, thanks for the list!

I have submitted my business to a few of them. Just one quick question, the title is 10 FREE directories, but unless I am missing something, some do have a cost attached (Web Wombat is $40.00 per annum). Which then raises the question, will I get my money’s worth?

Thanks again

Andy

Chris Bates
    Up

True Local! I’m surprised you’ve heard good results about them.

That was one of the biggest mistakes I’ve ever made in my business, signing up with that lot. Stick with the free listings ;)

EDIT: Actually their “service seeking” website is getting quite busy. But it’s ridiculous. The minimum you pay is $5 to QUOTE a job.

mybusinesshelp
    Up

I dont like the pay per quote idea.

Upgrading your True Local account for some clients has worked. Depends on a range of things.

I do advise against spending anything more than a few hundred a year for a directory listing.

Definately stick with the free!

Chris Bates, post: 26443 wrote:

That was one of the biggest mistakes I’ve ever made in my business, signing up with that lot. Stick with the free listings ;)

EDIT: Actually their “service seeking” website is getting quite busy. But it’s ridiculous. The minimum you pay is $5 to QUOTE a job.

mtpocket
    • Total posts: 49
    Up
    Chris Bates, post: 26443 wrote:

I am using service seeking for a good while now -as matter a fact I had so much result I purchased a full year unlimited quoting package from them. I think it’s very good.

businesstrader
    • Total posts: 77
    Up

Thanks for the list Amanda.

If anyone is interested in my 2c I would like to say that I personally woud not waste to much time submitting to directories. I would pour more time and energy into article marketing and Press Release distribution for offline SEO.

If you are hell bent of on directories, just make sure you are in the only one that counts…..Yahoo!. Its about $299US per year, but I paid and uploaded my site about 3 years ago and it is still listed.

Regards

Business Trader
    Business for Sale Australia

Hey everyone

Thanks
    Amanda

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up
    businesstrader, post: 26997 wrote:
    just make sure you are in the only one that counts…..Yahoo!.

You know, I read this and laughed… Then I realised I was wrong!

Technically, your correct. Yahoo is the biggest and the best “directory” out there.

But we all know “filters” (google) is where the money is ;)

Chris Bates
    Up

Haha yes Jake, the Yahoo directory is a good backlink :P

Google is ever so slowly starting to weigh Yahoo/DMOZ directory less, as they’re not true vouches of quality.

Aidan
    • Total posts: 1,125
    Up
    Emroy, post: 27028 wrote:
    You know, I read this and laughed… Then I realised I was wrong!

Technically, your correct. Yahoo is the biggest and the best “directory” out there.

But we all know “filters” (google) is where the money is ;)

Hiya Emroy,

yup that old beast is still around though I have no idea if anyone in this part of the world actually uses it (the Yahoo search engine still has a few percent of search market here, but the Yahoo directory – sheesh, does anyone use it here?)

I think Businesstrader’s use of it though might be just for the little bit of link juice to help with his overall SEO efforts rather than ‘direct’ use. Expensive link juice but link juice nonetheless :)

Cheers

bwendo
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Everywhere I go they say keep submitting. But a definitive answer…

businesstrader
    • Total posts: 77
    Up

Yes you are correct Aiden. The other reason is because every single one of my competitors (strong competitiors) are in there.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.