Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Another business started thanks to Flying Solo!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Easy Peasy Mandarin
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone,

About 8 months ago, I finally decided to act on a business idea. It was one of those things where i thought it was a really good idea, but didnt really get the momentum to start until i was talking to a friend about it, and we decided to form a partnership and go into it together.

Our business is Easy Peasy Mandarin and we are an online bookshop selling books, flashcards, CDs etc for kids learning Mandarin.

It was SUCH a learning curve, from the legalities of setting up a business, to logo design, to buying stock from overseas (and realising that the banks really charge you an arm and a leg for currency conversions!), to building a website, to payment systems, the list goes on and on!!

In the midst of it all, I found Flying Solo and lots of information which was really helpful. My favourite is the “How to launch a business for under $1000” – it gave me lots of good ideas and the believe that we CAN give it a go!

Finally our website is up and running (as of two days ago) – yeah!! http://www.easypeasymandarin.com.au

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up

Congratulations!

What a great story and a fantastic niche which I’m sure is growing :)

And thanks so much for your kind words about Flying Solo – that is exactly what we’re hoping to support and it’s so inspiring to hear feedback like that!

For others, here’s the article you referred to How to launch a business for under $1000 and judging by the comments on the article a lot of people were inspired by that one.

All the best with the business and hopefully you can let us know how it progresses.

Have a great weekend
    Peter

Tessa Hartnett
    • Total posts: 68
    Up

Hey,

I love your story, thanks for sharing. This group is exactly what entrepreneurs need for motivation and inspiration. I have loved being part of it, it has certainly helped kick my butt into gear on more then one occasion.

All the best.

SourceSmart
    • Total posts: 64
    Up

Nihao ma ?

well done on starting your business, i know a few Australian people who would like their children to learn Chinese.
    I also like the website.

Zhu de hao!

Warren.

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Hi EasyPeasy

Love the idea, love the web site and the back filled story…

Wish you all the success with this as i am sure there is a relatively great demand for your offerings.

Cheers
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    WhatsThePlanDan
    Participant
    • Total posts: 297
    Up

Hi there,

Will have to remember you – my son started prep this year which includes lessons in Mandarin – and seems to be a natural already able to count to 10 (and write the characters) and say a few different phrases. I have no idea what he is saying though 😮

I certainly agree with you about that article – it has certainly helped me to get up and going (almost) without having to try and get finance or anything like that.

Cheers
    Daniel

Easy Peasy Mandarin
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Hi All,

Thank you all SO much for your support! :D

TheGoldenGoose
    • Total posts: 860
    Up

Welcome, both of you!

All the best in your new little startup – go go go! :)

Sydney Business
    • Total posts: 141
    Up

Welcome to yet another fantastic business – Flying Solo is somewhat of an incubator I think.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.