Home – New Forums Logistics Another importing question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    NickVasas
    • Total posts: 7
    Up
    ::

Hi guys

Any advice on warehousing.

In the short term as you get your business going, what do you recommend as best practice for storing your goods?

Short term Sub lease in a warehouse, self storage facilities, other?

Any input would be appreciated.

Many Thanks
    Nick

Chris Bates
    • Total posts: 966
    Up

My father in law bought an investment house that had a big ass shed on it. Built side access fence to the shed and rented out the house.

I thought that was a pretty creative way of finding storage :P

NickVasas
    Up

Does he want to rent it out :)

Steve_Minshall
    • Total posts: 518
    Up

Hi Nick,

A few years back when I had a job in manufacturing I had to find some short term extra warehouse space in Sydney and remember being quite surprised at how cheap it was.

Unfortunately I have no contact details anymore, have a hunt around and on the web and I think you will be able to get some quick quotes on say cost per pallet space. It may be a good way to go before entering into leases and things while you get set up.

Regards

SpaceOut
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

Hi Nick,

An option worth considering is the concept of Private Storage from online services such such as http://www.spaceout.com.au.

Through this service, Home or Business owners with spare or unused space advertise it as being available for rent as storage.

Typically the costs associated with this type of storage would be 50-70% of commercial storage facility rates.

The types of storage spaces, and the services they provide can vary considerably – and depending on the nature of the items you want to store they may not be suitable.

I suggest that you take a look at the site – search in the area that you are interested in and see what’s available. If there is nothing suitable you could create a “Space Wanted” listing (this is currently Free) and you may be contacted buy someone with a suitable space.

NickVasas
    Up

nice website, will have a good look

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.