Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Another Newbee!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    • Total posts: 14
    Up
    ::

Hey everyone,
    Its great to see so many other newbees out there.
    I am new to running my own business, new to working from home and new to flying solo!!
    Having a great time so far.. Very excited about the prospects. I am a Virtual Bookkeeper and presently joining the social networks, forums etc to try and find some support, get lots of great information and of course hopefully some more clients.
    Looking forward to hearing all of your contributions as we take this journey together.

Renee Barber
    • Total posts: 360
    Up

Hi Colleen!

There’s a growing crowd of bookkeepers, webbies, designers and writers on this forum! I think you can join the accountants/bookkeepers group on:
    http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/groups/accountants-bookkeepers-group.html or just go to Groups and find it that way.

Doing the books is probably my least favourite business activity so it’s good to know there are so many people on here/out there that can give me a hand … just as soon as I find my shoebox. ;-)

Up

Hey Rene,
    Thanks for the reply, it makes me feel loved and wanted..
    Thanks also for the info about the Accountants/Bookkeepers group I have already found and registered for that..
    I attended the Gala Breakfast for AIOP (Australian Institute of Office Professionals) in Perth this morning and met another lot of lovely ladies. It was a very pleasant morning and I was most impressed with the edible blooms they had on the table. I have not heard or seen anything like that before. If you get a minute check out their website http://www.edibleblooms.com .
    Well I am done for the night, look forward to reading more interesting posts tomorrow. Catch you then..

Heidi Price
    • Total posts: 218
    Up

Hi Colleen :)

Nice to meet you.

Had to laugh at Renee – I always sucked at maths, but if it’s put into $ terms then I’m good at it lol

And those edible blooms have made me hungry.

The Perth crew is growing fast here!

Heidi

Up

Hi Heidi,

Thanks for the reply.. Yes the shoebox tickles a lot of people’s fancies..
    But your right the $ Factor will often alter people’s perception of mathematics. I guess I am there for those that it doesn’t – and there is a lot of them too..

I only know of one other Perth person on here at the moment, am thinking of starting up a Perth group, just to see how many others there are out there.

Looking forward to following some of your posts.

Renee Barber
    • Total posts: 360
    Up

Hi Colleen, I’m glad I made you feel loved and welcomed. I’m purty good at that for a hobbit. :-)

As for you Heidi (you naughty Tiger you! *laff*), since I can do differential Calculus, I obviously can do debits and credits; I just don’t LIKE doing it. I’d rather be creating a logo or writing a tagline. That’s fun for me!

Anyway, smile, as for those edible blooms, OMG, that’s just cruel as I’m cutting down on chocolate (and other things I like to eat). I might have to make an exception for my birthday tho’ as everything on that site looks SO good! Thanks for sharing.

@HeatherSmithAU
    • Total posts: 525
    Up

Hi Colleen,

Edible Blooms is a fantastic company, their owner is a very impressive and dynamic lady. I have gone to the shop and watched them make the blooms – it is amazing.

Your link in your signature does not work presently,

Heather

mrsforex
    • Total posts: 18
    Up

I wonder if edible blooms is the same thing as edible arrangements out here? I looove that company!

Up
    MYOB, post: 7192 wrote:
    Hi Colleen,

Edible Blooms is a fantastic company, their owner is a very impressive and dynamic lady. I have gone to the shop and watched them make the blooms – it is amazing.

Your link in your signature does not work presently,

Heather

Thanks Heather,

Have fixed the signature now..
    Link should work

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.