Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Another newbie…hello!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Redstars
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

Ooh I have just stumbled across this site and its terrific.

I’m in the later planning stages of my new venture, pretty much lining all my ducks up before I jump in.

I was researching the NEIS scheme (is how I found this place), as it will be an important part of my plan however I am rather peeved to find there will be changes to the application criteria as of July this year.

From July there you will not be granted a place unless your business covers an area of ‘skills shortage’. There is not much more information at this point but it is certain that after July I would not meet the criteria so I am going to have to change things about a little to do the course before the changes come into effect.

So there may be good reason for this, but I think its going to cut out many, many people that could make a great success and become self-sufficient at the very least. From the success stories reported about 80% (well from what I could see..) of the business are ‘niche’. GGrrrrrr

Anyhoo – enough complaining from me, I’m off to pick some brains! See you around.

Red

Renee Barber
    • Total posts: 360
    Up

Hi Red

Welcome!

Keep us posted on NEIS, eh? I’m just curious. I dunno why, but I am and when I have curiosity about something, there’s usually a reason.

Anyway, I’m also very curious about your area of business and the one it’ll evolve into given the new NEIS guidelines so I hope you’ll post an update.

Well, good luck with NEIS and your new business. Flying Solo is really the only way to fly. ;-)

Redstars
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Well thank you Renee!

Well I attended a NEIS information session today and confirmed the changes and the effect it could have. I might even post separately about it because it might affect others too!
    I left feeling a little down because it’s a spanner in the works…I won’t have to change anything about the business really, I’ll just have to launch 3 months earlier than I first planned. After speaking to a friend at length about it all, I realise it might not be so bad at all. Like I said I am in the latter stages of the plan thankfully, I will have a little extra time to refine systems etc before heading into the really busy, busy season.

I hope you don’t mind, I’m still a bit shy and paranoid so I won’t go into too much detail (till the business is registered!) yet. A few years ago on a different forum I saw one person blatantly pinch anothers business idea – it was awful, so I’m still a little shy. But its in the retail food industry anyhow! The idea is a very simple one, I thought it was too simple for ages until I realized I was looking at a large hole in the market. Once I know its a goer I will be blabbing it to all and sundry of course!

Renee Barber
    • Total posts: 360
    Up

No worries and you know what? A little caution is probably not a bad idea since you haven’t launched yet.

Good luck and please keep us posted when the cat’s out of the bag (so to speak).

Heidi Price
    • Total posts: 218
    Up
    Redstars, post: 6298 wrote:
    …I won’t have to change anything about the business really, I’ll just have to launch 3 months earlier than I first planned.

Maybe the universe providing a little shove?

Hi Red and welcome

Don’t worry about keeping the exact details to yourself – we understand :)

But when you are registered etc, let us know.

Also, jump right on in with any questions/problems. We loveto help/offer advice

Heidi

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.