Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Another website re-design re-review re-request :D

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Photo Portal
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hi again all! I’m adding to the throngs of requests for reviews of re-designed websites :) I had some invaluable feedback from the community from my new member introduction, and would love to get your opinion on my updates! Thank you!

My elevator pitch for context:

There are 9,549 Professional Photographers in Australia. Photo Portal will help find the right one for you. Photo Portal has registered photographers from all over Australia waiting to shoot your wedding, capture those precious family moments, showcase your product, or take the perfect portrait photo. Whether you’re looking for a photographer – or you are one – our service is 100% free.

PineapplePear
    • Total posts: 83
    Up

Hi There!

Love the concept of the business, congrats.

My thoughts are the site isn’t visually appealing enough. It’s a photography search site, but the only image you have on it is the one on the front page which is mostly covered by text.

I’m always put off by sites that I have to register with first to find out more information. I’d like to see what you offer first, and then make the decision to register if it interests me. But that’s just me, I would be interested on others thoughts.

Theoretically as you feature photographers, you should have access to some fantastic shots to use on your site (with their permission and credit of course) so you have the opportunity to make it really visually stunning and inspiring.
    (and more people might register if it looks more appealing)

Hope this helps!

JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up

Your headline: “There are 9,549 Professional Photographers in Australia.”

Who cares?

Answer: The 9,549 Professional Photographers

Are these the people you are targeting or is it the people who use the services of the 9,549 photographers?

Your main USP: “Photo Portal will help find the right one for you.”

This USP is hidden in relatively small white text on a black background among a bunch of other white on black text.

Your Home page features weddings, family portraits and product photography.

Why are you showing an irrelevant, night time picture of a city?

Lots of problems to fix in this extremely competitive market!
    Regs,
    JohnW

Craig_Longmuir
    • Total posts: 556
    Up

as john said…!

get to the point with a much shorter intro…make it look good and let people know what you can do for them as soon as you can…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.