Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Another Website Review

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    tstorms
    • Total posts: 18
    Up
    ::

Hi All!
    Been awhile. Just updated my website for this year: http://www.expressdevelopments.com

What do you think? What did I miss?

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Tom,

Nice to see you around again. :)

To help people give you the best review they can, please have a quick read through the specific guidelines that apply to this part of the forum (at the top of the screen), and please also update your post with the answers to these four questions:

Quote:
    1. What needs reviewing? (i.e. logo, website, idea etc…)
    2. What does your business do?
    3. Who is your target market?
    4. What specific concerns do you have?

Cheers,
    Jayne

tstorms
    • Total posts: 18
    Up

Sorry missed that Jayne.

1. What needs reviewing?
    – Content
    – Design to some degree
    2. What does your business do?
    – Create websites and software products for clients
    3. Who is your target market?
    – 35+
    – Owners of established businesses
    – Australian/QLD based clients
    4. What specific concerns do you have?
    – Am I sending the right message and information for people seeking a website?

Healthy Personal Finances
    • Total posts: 194
    Up

Hi Tom
    When I first clicked on the website the photo came up with the older couple. To be honest when I first saw that picture I would have said your target market was 50+…but that was without reading anything or looking at any other pictures. But that was the impression I got in the first 10 seconds.
    Usually when I go to a new website, I like to go to the “about us” section to learn about the people and the business. But on the top of the page there is no about us section.
    When I click on Web Services at the top the screen comes up with all the smaller options. When I then click on the area that says WordPress Website on the left – nothing actually happens.
    I like the look of the site – but there is just so much content no way I could go through it all.
    Cheers
    Stacey

NoBillsForever
    • Total posts: 21
    Up

Hi Tom:

Good things: you have not used colors overly and thus it looks professional in that sense. You are making an honest attempt to let your viewers know what you can do. Great.

Not so Good things: Too many moving frames takes away concentration. Too much content is me confused..and in-determined…I would move away…simple reason there are too many more offers are there in the market. Your aim is to get attention in 1st 6-10 secs with main value delivery of your service. If I like it…I would stay longer..else I go.
    Pls decide clearly…what do you want me to do next ‘Learn More’ or buy from you…looks like you want to teach more on website development to me. Messaging needs to be clear and Call-to-action aiming at what you want me to do.
    Hope that helps and you do not find it harsh. I am a small business owner and launching a stratup myself.

Cheers

Chetan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.