Home – New Forums Other discussions Answering ‘Unknown Caller’ on the mobile

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    ::

I’m quite surprised at the amount of people who don’t answer every call.

:confused:

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 150815 wrote:

How often do you make a call that goes unanswered?

Steve

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 150815 wrote:

Me too… :confused: i just never know where my next lead comes from, and due to the nature of the business if i dont answer some move on very quickly.. although my biggest concern is, so many people DO NOT LEAVE VOICEMAIL messages that i just never know…

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Joel Krause
    • Total posts: 103
    Up

I don’t answer blocked numbers. Most of the time they’re time wasters and telemarketers, like others have said, if they’re legit they’ll leave a message.

Gizmo
    • Total posts: 731
    Up
    SimplyReplica, post: 150827 wrote:
    Me too… :confused: i just never know where my next lead comes from, and due to the nature of the business if i dont answer some move on very quickly.. although my biggest concern is, so many people DO NOT LEAVE VOICEMAIL messages that i just never know…

Jason

Too true about voicemail.
    I don’t get it you paid for the call anyway why not leave a message?
    Sure if you are shopping around go on and call the next supplier. But at least leave a message as you may not find a good supplier and then be impressed how quick the one you just called calls you back after listening to the voicemail.

Should a call go missed and no voicemail, I still return the call call if I can, i.e. given the number is not blocked.

AGMBris
    • Total posts: 319
    Up

Hi

I will generally answer them yes, but this one calling you every 2 hours or so, definitely a suspect one that looks like a sales call. Do Not Call register definitely but as mentioned, it wont stop all calls. This one sounds like an automated sales or marketing call though so likely it is telemarketer covered by the legislation.

And yep, I reckon you are right and that’s what I do, if the call for them is legit and important, then they would leave a message – these automated diailers won’t of course.

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up
    Gizmo, post: 151237 wrote:
    Too true about voicemail.
    I don’t get it you paid for the call anyway why not leave a message?
    Sure if you are shopping around go on and call the next supplier. But at least leave a message as you may not find a good supplier and then be impressed how quick the one you just called calls you back after listening to the voicemail.

Should a call go missed and no voicemail, I still return the call call if I can, i.e. given the number is not blocked.

Yeah i agree.. messages not being left is always a surprise although i tend to find that people (consumers) love their anonymity.. That’s why they use blocked numbers etc,, and yet you tend to find that (like the FS community folks) the small business operator is not as protective of this as they understand the business models and are also the ones that would be inclined to leave a message as they understand how much this may irk someone… LOL..

Just the human quirkiness i guess…

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

Do Not Call Register doesn’t allow home phones that are part business to be registered. Mine was removed because someone ‘overseas’ objected seeing I ran a business as well as my home. Today I have received no less than 6 spam calls from blocked and 07 or 08 numbers. I no longer answer them.

Last night there were 3 calls from those same numbers after dinner. As I have a parent with cancer who relies on calling my number I can’t just turn it off. It’s just so annoying and wastes so much time and can be very stressful to many people. Again, it’s an invasion of privacy when people do not respect ‘no thank you, please don’t call again’.

As write this another 08 spam is calling. I may have to get Telstra to block certain numbers again which they can do if you contact them and identify the number/s.

Dinus
    • Total posts: 38
    Up

If someone knows my number but doesn’t want me to see theirs, why should I bother answering their call…

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up

Wow Brent,

Love the replies.. its not a one sided commentary and many variables as to who and why.. its cool being a fly on the wall at the moment..

May i ask a question of those that do not answer the phone…. what do you do at a gathering of people (wedding, conference, networking etc etc) who are not wearing name badges? ignore them? 😮

Is said with tongue in cheek, but just curious..

Jason

Geronimo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 237
    Up

I have several clients where due to security considerations, caller id is not permitted. It can be funny though, where if I’m feeling a little on the wild side, and are expecting their call, I’ll answer with their name. Always takes them a second to figure out how I knew it was them. Very funny.

Also consider VoIP, where a lot of providers don’t provide caller id on outgoing calls.

That said, I don’t really care if it’s an unknown number or not.

Joel Krause
    • Total posts: 103
    Up
    Geronimo, post: 151411 wrote:
    It can be funny though, where if I’m feeling a little on the wild side, and are expecting their call, I’ll answer with their name.
    I’ve done that a few times, backfired every time. :p
    Ended up like this “Uh hi, is this Joel? Its so and so from some place”
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.