Home – New Forums Starting your journey Any Growth Hacking ideas for an online bookkeeping start up company?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    garysvpa
    • Total posts: 61
    Up
    ::

Hi, I have recently learned about Growth Hacking and am wanting to know if anybody on this forum has any growth hacking ideas for an online bookkeeping start up company in Australia?

In short, we will offer an online bookkeeping services that provides audit proof financial statements from professional accountants to small Australian companies, and are looking for growth hacking
    ideas to help us grow.

Any ideas and advice on this will be much appreciated.”

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Growth hacking? I had to Google it. Who comes up with these things!

Basically, it’s low cost high risk high reward style marketing. (I think)

You can say those people who make the ‘Can it blend’ videos used that technique to grow their business.

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

I agree with Matthew, I have been doing this for a long time and have never heard this term before. There defently tested and proven methods of growing your business but there are no short cuts only better ways to achieve better results. Online bookkeeping may be tricky but I guess there should be a market for it.

The short answer to your question is there is not short answer.

Happy to discuss if you wish to email me.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Ok, I googled “growth hacking” and really it is no different to what a lot of people on here have been advocating or doing, but just some new fang dangled terminoligy to make it sound special, and most likely earn some consultant mega dollars.

But what I can’t get my head around is “audit proof financial statements”, I would have thougt all bookkeepers and accountants would already be providing this, thats why we pay big dollars.

adrian
    Participant
    • Total posts: 181
    Up

Growthhacking is a nebulous term, and a lot of people who use it mean different things. That said… when Paul Graham stopped moderating Hacker News, a lot of the online marketing content started moving to a new site, and it may be what you’re after… Keep in mind that since it’s kind of a spin off from Hacker News, a lot of the discussion revolves around tech solutions to marketing problems. But there’s some good online marketing content here:

growthhackers.com

Hope this helps.

dangaff
    • Total posts: 244
    Up

Hotmail was one of the first and classic case of growth hacking.
    At the bottom of each of their emails had; “P.S. Get your free email at Hotmail”. This paid dividends and a half for them and increased their user base many multiples.

Plenty of other organisations have used growth hacking.

I can’t see how it is “high risk”. Risk meaning it could potentially tarnish your business yet pay off if it went well?

ClintS
    • Total posts: 8
    Up

Hey Gary,

Do you have a monthly subscription model or pay for what you get?

I’m part of the Growth Hackers community… These strategies can compliment your more traditional online and offline marketing/engagement plan.

Check out this article about 10 killer start up stunts that put young companies on the map… http://www.businessinsider.com.au/10-brilliant-marketing-stunts-that-put-startups-on-the-map-2014-8#goldieblox-created-a-viral-video-about-getting-young-girls-into-technology-it-got-3-million-views-in-two-days-and-caused-a-lawsuit-1

If you’re monthly sub model you could look at an online referral campaign where people get a month or two or three free for referring a certain amount of leads… Here’s an example of that which killed it http://roy.roypovarchik.com/2014/07/springsled-users/.

Give me a email if you want further details [email protected] or check out my website http://www.clintsalter.com.

Hope that helps!

Clint

garysvpa
    • Total posts: 61
    Up

Thanks everyone for your advice! We are still in the decision phase and can’t give more details as of the moment, but will update once we have decided.

adrian
    Participant
    • Total posts: 181
    Up

Bugger, I meant to mention this here earlier this week when I registered, but I forget until now, and now theres a wait list. Panel on growth hacking next week:

This session will kick off with a lighting talk serving as a practical introduction to lean marketing and growth hacking techniques, and providing you with a toolkit to stay innovative, resourceful and scalable as a marketer, a startup or an established business. The panel discussion that follows will focus on how to:
    Spot growth hacking opportunities for your business
    Implement the Growth Hacking Funnel
    Build a viral feedback loop
    Plan & execute a rigorous A/B test
    Identify your most valuable acquisition channels
    Optimise conversion at each step along the way

https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/elance-odesk-general-assembly-present-expertnight-a-panel-discussion-on-growth-hacking-tickets-12557753579

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.