Home – New Forums Tech talk Any ideas for a CRM system that supports iPad?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    marketingweb
    • Total posts: 625
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

In addition to my own business, I work in my day job as a Marketing Manager of a small to medium sized business, which I have been in since March this year. I’m having a bit of trouble working out a solution to a problem, and even though it’s not really a “soloist” question as such, i’m hoping someone can help.

The business is around 80% business to consumer (retail type) based and only about 20% business to business (wholesale type), although this was more like only 5% B2B a couple years ago.

Up until now, all customer information (for B2B side) has been stored in a combination of paper records plus a fairly large excel spreadsheet. This in my opinion is far too limited, mainly because there are 4 different people who use this information, and since only one person can have a spreadsheet open, they end up using different copies that need to be manually “synchronised” – very messy.

SO – I’m looking to set up a CRM system, and it need to be A) relatively low cost and B) offer custom fields.

The extra problem is that the sales reps have 2 iPads that they use when doing customer presentations. They need to be able to use the system on the iPad.

I was thinking some sort of online CRM system, but not really sure what the best options are. Does anyone have any ideas or what may suit?

Thanks
    Matt

JohnSheppard
    • Total posts: 940
    Up

Hey Matt

Isn’t it more sensible to choose based on the CRM rather than the Ipad….that is…throw out the iPad…isn’t the CRM more important?

CRM is business critical…iPad…looks cool!

Having said that, I know most people don’t really care for logistical efficiencies and it’s easier just to give them what they want…so what’s ya gonna do…

I believe Zoho CRM has a few ad on that syncs contacts with iPad and Android….I dare say most of the cloud crms do…just having iPad and Android logos against their product is probably more important than the functions…so I dare say they all have something…

Zoho can be free and not bad for a simple solution imo…

sam_leader
    • Total posts: 660
    Up

Hi Matt,

Some food for thought. We had the same problem whereby lots of people worked on Flying Solo’s publication schedule (kept on an Excel spreadsheet) and it was never almost impossible to synch. It was a nightmare.

That changed when we uploaded it to Google Docs, about 4 years back now. People can work on it simultaneously, you can revert to older versions, and it’s free. And I’ve not tried it but am guessing it works on an iPad.

If the spreadsheet works well, I suggest uploading it and to the cloud as at least a first step because eliminating the synching feels good. Trust me.

I accept may not be a sufficient long term CRM option, though.

Sam

Evo the marketing guy
    • Total posts: 58
    Up

There are quite a few reasonable online options.

One that I’ve heard good things about is Zoho.

I’m pretty sure it is ipad friendly.

http://www.zoho.com/crm/

Regards

Everard

rorrock
    • Total posts: 56
    Up

The free zoho is fairly limited, ive also tried Vtiger and Sugarcrm.
    Both are good CRM systems, but require a lot of customisation and backend work to really make it workable.
    I’ve spoken to a business partner who does CRM for real estate agents about a SME aimed CRM, and we are going to look at developing it in the new year.
    It will have Ipad/Iphone connectivity as well..

Rob

TehCamel
    • Total posts: 873
    Up

i’m fairly sure SugarCRM has ipad/iphone modules available. I just don’t knows if it’s available with the free Community Edition (CE) version

Phillip P
    • Total posts: 254
    Up

Hi,

I suggest (to do this properly) for the business your working in they need a real solution like SaleForce.com to get the job done correctly and they can keep growing off this solution for the rest of the business life.

Yes it cost some money but its got everything there they will ever need. Including the ipad support etc.

A lot of my clients both small and large use Saleforce as a CRM of choice and another one called infusionsoft but thats more geared to marketers.

Regards

Phil

Five Star PA
    • Total posts: 64
    Up

I have customised zoho for two clients now and I have to say I love it. Once I really got into knowing just how much it can do, it really could be adapted to suit most businesses. Whilst things such as salesforce etc are great products they are very expensive compare with about $12 per month for zoho. Lot of small businesses don’t have the excess cash they need for more complex systems. The thing I found with zoho, it’s really designed around a whole sales system whereas the ones I’ve done have been more customised for Job Processes (and sales) so whilst it took a bit of fiddling, the end result is fantastic. I say give it a go, for the free trial you’ve got nothing to loose.

PhillipHobbs
    • Total posts: 36
    Up

Have you ever considered using highrise from 37 signals?
    I think they are awesome and have used them for a while now

Apples1
    • Total posts: 64
    Up

I’ve worked with salesforce previously and it was a great tool. Not sure of the costs around it.

rorrock
    • Total posts: 56
    Up

Of course the one thing none of these have, which we are planning to put into the version we are creating is the ability to tie into accounting systems such as Xero, MYOB, Quickbooks etc.
    By far the largest pain is in duplicated data.. going to all the trouble of tracking info on the sales cycle, to only then have to re-enter it in your accounting system..

Rob

jess@auteched
    • Total posts: 13
    Up

Office Web App and SkyDrive will help you to easily synch and access your Microsoft Office documents wherever you are. It’s free of charge and you can access, edit and share your Microsoft Excel with any users you’d like to.

Best of all, Microsoft have launched SkyDrive for iPhone recently, which is just what you’re looking for. Your sales rep can now access all of their files in SkyDrive, create folders, delete files, and share links to folders and files directly using the Mail app.

For more info, you may visit:

Introducing SkyDrive for iPhone and Windows Phone
    http://bit.ly/seove2

Office Web Apps
    http://bit.ly/sr5ikv

If you are looking for more support, visit our Small Business Meeting and Support Room.

Follow our support channel on twitter @msau

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.