Home – New Forums Tech talk any magento go users here?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    chuey
    • Total posts: 15
    Up
    ::

hi guys

have tried big commerce, found it only okay, shopify transaction fees make me prefer ebay so i am considering magento go

the ebay integration sounds good but after experiences!

cheers

JohnTranter
    • Total posts: 842
    Up

I think you’ll struggle to find many people, Magento Go is a very nice hosted solution but it hasn’t gained much traction in the market.

chuey
    Up
    JohnTranter, post: 188800 wrote:
    I think you’ll struggle to find many people, Magento Go is a very nice hosted solution but it hasn’t gained much traction in the market.

Thanks John,

have to agree, magento go feels like the unloved child of ebay

i see heaps of people waiting to push apps through but magento go approval has been painfully slow :(

martin.firth
    • Total posts: 259
    Up

Hi there,

I’m a reluctant Magento user: I use it when my clients have already made that decision. I quite like shopify at the moment, they have great support and really do care about their clients.

Shopify is much kinder to programmers. Magento is big, clunky and difficult.

Shopify’s transaction fee on their middle plan is 1%, I can understand how you might not want to give up that chunk of your profit in perpetuity. But their top plan has no fee, and is only a $100 more. So as soon as that fee starts costing you a hundred bucks, you upgrade and forget about it.

chuey
    Up
    martin.firth, post: 188822 wrote:
    Hi there,

I’m a reluctant Magento user: I use it when my clients have already made that decision. I quite like shopify at the moment, they have great support and really do care about their clients.

Shopify is much kinder to programmers. Magento is big, clunky and difficult.

Shopify’s transaction fee on their middle plan is 1%, I can understand how you might not want to give up that chunk of your profit in perpetuity. But their top plan has no fee, and is only a $100 more. So as soon as that fee starts costing you a hundred bucks, you upgrade and forget about it.

hi martin, to be clear are u a magento community or magento go

i have been testing magento go,love the ebay integration but sadly no blogging, facebook, apps and a lot of programming to get basic things to work

cheers

martin.firth
    • Total posts: 259
    Up

I work with both Community and Go. I’ve favoured different eCommerce systems over the years, for various strengths and features.

Over time I’ve come to realise that only important strength is a site’s ability to sell, which makes shopify trump for me.

Hatching_It
    • Total posts: 414
    Up

Don’t bother with Magento Go, they told a number of us that it is not going to be improved and will be legacy soon. This was at MagentoLive last year.

Shopify has an eBay integration, although I have not tried it..

JohnTranter
    • Total posts: 842
    Up
    Hatching_It, post: 189205 wrote:
    Don’t bother with Magento Go, they told a number of us that it is not going to be improved and will be legacy soon. This was at MagentoLive last year.

Interesting, was that directly from Magento or one of their partners?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.