Home – New Forums Tech talk any magento go users here?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #987537
    chuey
    Member
    • Total posts: 15
    Up
    0
    ::

    hi guys

    have tried big commerce, found it only okay, shopify transaction fees make me prefer ebay so i am considering magento go

    the ebay integration sounds good but after experiences!

    cheers

    #1163233
    JohnTranter
    Member
    • Total posts: 842
    Up
    0
    ::

    I think you’ll struggle to find many people, Magento Go is a very nice hosted solution but it hasn’t gained much traction in the market.

    #1163234
    chuey
    Member
    • Total posts: 15
    Up
    0
    ::
    JohnTranter, post: 188800 wrote:
    I think you’ll struggle to find many people, Magento Go is a very nice hosted solution but it hasn’t gained much traction in the market.

    Thanks John,

    have to agree, magento go feels like the unloved child of ebay

    i see heaps of people waiting to push apps through but magento go approval has been painfully slow :(

    #1163235
    martin.firth
    Member
    • Total posts: 259
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi there,

    I’m a reluctant Magento user: I use it when my clients have already made that decision. I quite like shopify at the moment, they have great support and really do care about their clients.

    Shopify is much kinder to programmers. Magento is big, clunky and difficult.

    Shopify’s transaction fee on their middle plan is 1%, I can understand how you might not want to give up that chunk of your profit in perpetuity. But their top plan has no fee, and is only a $100 more. So as soon as that fee starts costing you a hundred bucks, you upgrade and forget about it.

    #1163236
    chuey
    Member
    • Total posts: 15
    Up
    0
    ::
    martin.firth, post: 188822 wrote:
    Hi there,

    I’m a reluctant Magento user: I use it when my clients have already made that decision. I quite like shopify at the moment, they have great support and really do care about their clients.

    Shopify is much kinder to programmers. Magento is big, clunky and difficult.

    Shopify’s transaction fee on their middle plan is 1%, I can understand how you might not want to give up that chunk of your profit in perpetuity. But their top plan has no fee, and is only a $100 more. So as soon as that fee starts costing you a hundred bucks, you upgrade and forget about it.

    hi martin, to be clear are u a magento community or magento go

    i have been testing magento go,love the ebay integration but sadly no blogging, facebook, apps and a lot of programming to get basic things to work

    cheers

    #1163237
    martin.firth
    Member
    • Total posts: 259
    Up
    0
    ::

    I work with both Community and Go. I’ve favoured different eCommerce systems over the years, for various strengths and features.

    Over time I’ve come to realise that only important strength is a site’s ability to sell, which makes shopify trump for me.

    #1163238
    Hatching_It
    Member
    • Total posts: 414
    Up
    0
    ::

    Don’t bother with Magento Go, they told a number of us that it is not going to be improved and will be legacy soon. This was at MagentoLive last year.

    Shopify has an eBay integration, although I have not tried it..

    #1163239
    JohnTranter
    Member
    • Total posts: 842
    Up
    0
    ::
    Hatching_It, post: 189205 wrote:
    Don’t bother with Magento Go, they told a number of us that it is not going to be improved and will be legacy soon. This was at MagentoLive last year.

    Interesting, was that directly from Magento or one of their partners?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.