Home – New Forums Starting your journey Any recommendations for Hosted Shopping Carts?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Wetfins
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

First time on these forums!

I have been using Bigcommerce for the past year and it was very easy to setup. Yes a few Aussies started Bigcommerce but from what I have read it is an American base company in Austin Texas. They do now have an Aussie office in Sydney. My monthly bill from Bigcommerce is in US dollar so if they Aus dollar ever gets weaker my monthly bill will be more expensive with currency exchange rates.

In my opinion the Bigcommerce templates are boring and out dated. About 6 months ago I had an American website design company do a facelift on my site. It was $800 which is a lot cheaper than Aussie website designers. Granted it was a basic redesign. If anyone wants to have a browse to see what bigcommerce looks like check out our site at Wetfins.com.au

The reason I found this thread is that I am actually thinking of moving to Magento for a few features that Bigcommerce doesn’t have.

1. When products are out of stock I want them to automatically disappear from the site without losing the link otherwise Google will penalise you.

2. Seamless Ebay syncing. Bigcommerce transfers your products to your ebay and when the product sells the order comes through bigcommerce and also updates your inventory. But when you sell a product through Bigcommerce it doesnt speak with Ebay to remove or update the inventory on Ebay. Magento can do this with M2E app(free).

John Debrincat
    • Total posts: 963
    Up
    Anon, post: 129806 wrote:
    We have currently been looking at Volusion, BigCommerce, EziMerchant, Shopify (transaction fee) at up to $100/month.

Why don’t you take a look at iiNet Shopping Cart – they come in 3 different versions from $39 / month up to $149 / month. It is hosted in Australia by iiNet who offer 24/7 support also based in Australia.

Wetfins
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    John Debrincat, post: 131176 wrote:
    Why don’t you take a look at iiNet Shopping Cart – they come in 3 different versions from $39 / month up to $149 / month. It is hosted in Australia by iiNet who offer 24/7 support also based in Australia.

Is that what you are using?

John Debrincat
    Up
    Wetfins, post: 131190 wrote:
    Is that what you are using?

We do use the same solution for our own and our direct customers online stores and we also support iiNet’s solution.

Anon
    • Total posts: 96
    Up
    John Debrincat, post: 131176 wrote:

I think I’m biased when it comes to Australian Hosts. My other site has been running on {Company name removed} and it’s been a total disaster. Unless I can find substantial reviews on a company, I would not even consider them.

John Debrincat
    Up
    Anon, post: 131303 wrote:
    I think I’m biased when it comes to Australian Hosts. My other site has been running on {Company name removed} and it’s been a total disaster. Unless I can find substantial reviews on a company, I would not even consider them.

Maybe you just had a bad experience with {Company name removed} but don’t use that to condemn all Australian solutions providers. I can guarantee you will find many more horror stories about overseas providers with reviews that have been published.

However at the end of the day your decision should be based on your requirements and your ability to use the solution. I would always recommend that you try a solution before you commit.

iiNet are a good organisation to work with and are now Australia’s second largest telco. I think that their service is good. We have used their telco services for a few years without any issues.

The shopping cart solution that they use is based on ePages which is used by over 62,000 online stores worldwide. Yes I am biased as we have supported it in Australia since 2004 with 1000’s of SMEs and many large enterprises like Weight Watchers, Comm Bank, Mobil and Amcal Chempro as users.

Gordan
    • Total posts: 119
    Up

Ive used Joomla combined with ZenCart and that worked well back in the day, but i think its a bit outdated these days.

parcel intelligence
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Hi guys,

Just letting you know, we’re developing a app for Shopify that lets you easily export your orders to eParcel, and also easily import the tracking numbers back into your Shopify store.

We’re in the final stages of development, give us a shout if you’re interested!

parcelintelligence.com.au

Thanks
    Min

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.