Home – New Forums Starting your journey Any retailers here have question regarding number of stock??

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mummyof5
    • Total posts: 15
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,

Well my venture for setting up my online maternity boutique is flying faster than I thought it would go. :) Im extremely happy everything is falling into place nicely.:) Just a question though. With ordering clothing off wholesalers, on average how many items per size do you buy? Eg. Say I buy a particular dress for sizes 8,10,12,14,16 so how many in each size do I aim for?

Thanks

Naomi

BarefootMaternity
    • Total posts: 99
    Up

Hi Noami,
    I too am in the maternity business. One thing I would recommend is you get a feel for your market before you go crazy with stock. Regarding sizes, I sell more larger sizes than small sizes. In 2004, I started out with sizes 8-18 in my range but stopped manufacturing size 8 two years later and added sizes 20-24.
    All the best with your new venture :-)
    Cheers,
    Sarah

mummyof5
    • Total posts: 15
    Up

Sarah

Thanks for your reply. :) how much of each size initially did you purchase? Just so I have an idea of how much to roughly order. I saw on the net that the Order to size ratio is 1,2,3,2,1. Does that actually work?

Thanks

Naomi

BarefootMaternity
    • Total posts: 99
    Up

Hi Naomi,
    I design/manufacture the clothing. My wholesale clients order differently – some target mid size range others the plus size end so their orders per size reflect this.
    Cheers,
    Sarah

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.