Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Any tips for Natural Therapists

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Halyna67
    • Total posts: 18
    Up
    ::

Hi,

I have just started my Natural therapies practice and am in the process of looking for new clients. I work a few days from home and a few days as a member of a larger clinic (where I still have to do my own marketing). I am wondering what other therapists have done that has been successful for them?

I have my website listed on a number of directories, including the biggest one aimed specifically at Natural Therapists. I have put notices up around my area and left cards and flyers at various businesses such as cafes, health studios, doctors surgeries, etc. Because I am working from home I am considering doing a letterbox drop in my local area, with a giveaway attached to it. I am also going to do a giveaway on my facebook page to attract more likes and shares. I am going to do a press release for the local papers as well.

I am looking forward to word of mouth kicking in, but for now am wondering what has worked for others?

Thank you for any input.

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

You need to network in your area – this will help with your word of mouth too as people meet you that may not need you themselves, but a friend or family member may.

Networking is key for your type of business as people want to feel comfortable rather than just finding a number on a directory.

Bob Owen
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Hi Halyna,

Congratulations on the new business!

I was a natural health therapist for 20 years before establishing a life coaching & business coaching practice prior to creating my present online business.

What you are doing at the moment all looks good; also your website is very professional and states clearly your Association memberships – I found this to be a big question from prospective clients, together with health fund rebates.

As a business/life coach working with natural therapists I kept getting back to one thing – your clients are engaging you for the person you are, together with your professionalism. In a profession that can be quite crowded with practitioners these traits may be looked upon as your businesses’ `point of difference’. You won`t have any trouble with this as I feel your online presence covers all the bases.

In my own practice an additional point of difference I offered to clients was that I was among the first massage therapists in Australia to be qualified in aromatherapy and was a founding member of The International Federation of Aromatherapists (Aust. Branch), as well as being a long-term active member of ATMS.

Hope my comments have been helpful Halyna and keep up the meditation, it really works!

Kind regards,
    Bob

Halyna67
    Up

Thank you Kelly and Bob for your feedback.

Kelly, you are right when you say that people are engaging me for the person that I am. I never quite saw it that way until now.

Bob thank you for taking the time to go through my website and offer feedback. Its funny where Natural Therapists come from (a variety of previous careers) and where they end up! Your current business indicates that you are following your passion, well done! I have a friend who always talks about launching a similar sort of business but never will because he comes up with a myriad of excuses as to why he shouldn’t, all fear based off course.

Thanks again :)

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Halyna,

Sounds like you’re off to a great start there.

To add to Miss Sassy and Bob’s helpful suggestions (thanks Bob! thanks Miss Sassy!), I highly recommend that you get to know as many other natural therapists and other potential referral partners in your area as possible.

Most practitioners say that the majority of their clients come to them from word of mouth, and until you have enough clients talking about you, the next best thing is to be talking to other praccies so that they know who you are and what you do.

Find any opportunity you can to talk to groups too – whether they’re mothers’ groups, business networking groups or the local Rotary club. Every little bit helps – and while you’re there you’ll have a valuable opportunity to collect names for your email newsletter database.

In addition, it could be worth your while connecting with Wellness Hubs Australia – they’ve been very helpful in getting many practitioners on the Northern Beaches established over the last few years, and are currently in expansion with support from ATMS, so they may be coming to an area near you soon… even if it’s not listed on their website yet. (If you decide to go along to one of their meetings, tell Nikki that I sent you :D)

Hope that helps – please feel to ask more questions and share your progress with us… it can take a while to reach the tipping point so keep on keeping on!

All the best,
    Jayne

Halyna67
    Up

Thank you Jayne, great advice. Have just briefly checked out wellnesshubs Australia and have liked their facebook page. Will look into it some more.

Kind regards,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.