Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Any trades/services advertise in real estate folders?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sir Movealot
    • Total posts: 91
    Up
    ::

Hi,

I have been approached by a marketing company to advertise in a realestate folder. The folder would be given to the customer when they sign a contract and would list some trade/services on the inside.

Has anyone ever tried this before? Any success?

Thanks

Iconnect
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

I was approached a couple of months ago for the same type of thing. The guy marketing the deal was very good and it sounded interesting. He gave me a couple of samples as he left me to think it over. There were 2 companies in my industry so I gave them a call to see what they thought and both talked me out of it, indicating they were not happy with the results. They thought by advertising in the folder it would also lead to exclusivity in their field in terms of referred work from the agents but this was not the case.
    Probably a bad thing that the marketing guy didn’t check the status of all advertisers in his sample materials!
    I’d suggest talking to the principal of the agency first to see if your advertising will also lead to direct referrals from the agency otherwise it may not be a cost effective spend.

Iconnect
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

I was approached a couple of months ago for the same type of thing. The guy marketing the deal was very good and it sounded interesting. He gave me a couple of samples as he left me to think it over. There were 2 companies in my industry so I gave them a call to see what they thought and both talked me out of it, indicating they were not happy with the results. They thought by advertising in the folder it would also lead to exclusivity in their field in terms of referred work from the agents but this was not the case.
    Probably a bad thing that the marketing guy didn’t check the status of all advertisers in his sample materials!
    I’d suggest talking to the principal of the agency first to see if your advertising will also lead to direct referrals from the agency otherwise it may not be a cost effective spend.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Darryn,

Thanks for your comments, and apologies that your first post got held up in our moderation queue for a while.

It’s nice to have you join the forum, and I hope you enjoy being part of the gang here.

Jayne

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Darryn,

Thanks for your comments, and apologies that your first post got held up in our moderation queue for a while.

It’s nice to have you join the forum, and I hope you enjoy being part of the gang here.

Jayne

Sir Movealot
    Up

Thanks Darryn for the feedback.

Sir Movealot
    Up

Thanks Darryn for the feedback.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.