Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Anyone else looking for places to list their business

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Helen27
    • Total posts: 78
    Up
    ::

I’ve been working on getting my website our there, and SEO links and came across this handy guide of Australian business directories. Ive already added to a few, but theres a whole lot more… Thought others may find this useful too.

[Links Removed]

jtco
    • Total posts: 31
    Up

Nice one Helen27 :)

Just keep in mind that directories are dinosaurs for the most part and although their links may appear in back-link tools, these links are practically worthless from an SEO perspective.

Helen27
    Up
    jtco, post: 227127, member: 72388 wrote:
    Nice one Helen27 :)

Just keep in mind that directories are dinosaurs for the most part and although their links may appear in back-link tools, these links are practically worthless from an SEO perspective.
    This list is also old, I have come across a few not working. And some of the sites have seemed really low quality and I have by passed them. I did how ever think that, while the links aren’t great, I still thought any mention and link to my site on the net would be a plus. Am I wrong? Sorry, still trying to sort this all out….

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

I’m just wondering if you should be publishing someone else’s list without attributing it. Just wondering I have no idea

Helen27
    Up
    bb1, post: 227137, member: 53375 wrote:
    I’m just wondering if you should be publishing someone else’s list without attributing it. Just wondering I have no idea
    Honestly I just came across it on a random site, and thought if I found it handy others might 😳 Didn’t think it was a big deal to post. Was just trying to help someone back after I’d received help here…
    Byron Trzeciak
    Participant
    • Total posts: 423
    Up

In my opinion rather than listing in random business directories you’re far better on focusing on the 10 biggest ones. I would not be concerning yourself with the majority of that list.

In saying that too you’re also much better off focusing on building a smaller number of highly relevant backlinks from sites that have alot of authority in your industry. They’re going to have a much better impact on your SEO long term than business directories will.

jtco
    • Total posts: 31
    Up
    Helen27, post: 227135, member: 28729 wrote:
    This list is also old, I have come across a few not working. And some of the sites have seemed really low quality and I have by passed them. I did how ever think that, while the links aren’t great, I still thought any mention and link to my site on the net would be a plus. Am I wrong? Sorry, still trying to sort this all out….

Google doesn’t like what they call ‘bad neighbourhoods’. Cheap and nasty sites full of spam basically (amongst other things). This is why webmasters sometimes disavow inbound links which basically tells a search engine “hey, I know I’m getting this inbound link, but I don’t want it, it seems dodgy”.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.