Home – New Forums Logistics Anyone here handle MSDS applications and questions?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dangaff
    • Total posts: 244
    Up
    ::

I’m after some advice regarding Material Safety Data Sheets, whether or not I require one/them, the procedure etc. Also applying for it if so.

I’ve tried contacting Safe Work Australia but a carrot could do a better job at responding to emails than them. Continuously pointing me towards a PDF that isn’t helping me as I don’t know what I’m meant to be looking for. Also one of their other ones they told me to Google doesn’t seem to exist.

Please PM if you can help

Thanks,

Enviro Footprint
    • Total posts: 94
    Up

dangaff

Are you a manufacturer or importing a hazardous chemical that requires an SDS ?

http://www.safeworkaustralia.gov.au/sites/SWA/about/Publications/Documents/642/COP_Preparation_of_Safety_Data_Sheet_for_Hazardous_Chemicals.pdf

Or purchasing chemicals within Aust ???

I’m not sure what your after..

Steve B

Petemac
    • Total posts: 171
    Up

Hi, are you actually manufacturing products yourself or purchasing from a supplier? If purchasing that should provide you with a MSDS. Recently I helped a client find an MSDS for a product they were shipping and it was a simple case of googling the name of the product and MSDS. With another product they had to contact the supplier direct.

Cheers

Pete

dangaff
    Up

Here is the products here: http://www.sharpshootr.com

I’ll be importing them. I’ve searched high and low for their MSDS online but came up with nothing. Next thing I’ll do is ask them (they aren’t to fast on the email replies and I don’t want to annoy the new client). So thought I would try have a look myself in the mean time.

Any advice?

Petemac
    Up

It is best to ask your supplier as they should have it on hand as if they already export than they should know if an MSDS is required. If you want to PM me the product, company/brand name and description I can see what I can find.

Cheers

Pete

dangaff
    Up

Thanks. PM on its way.

Petemac
    Up

Have found MSDS for all 3 products and have sent you PM as need an actual email address to send as attachments.

Cheers

Pete

dangaff, post: 185721 wrote:
    Thanks. PM on its way.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.