Home – New Forums Find the help you need Anyone in retail fashion, or know someone who is?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up
    ::

I’m trying to source a fibreglass male mannequin trunk (waist to thigh) preferably in skin colour. Ideally I would like three, but would be happy to find one. Used is fine.

I have spent hours searching online but can only find what I’m looking for in plastic, wrong colour or minimum order of 100 !!

If anyone knows of somebody in retail fashion who might have one or three of these items not being used, I would really appreciate the referral.

Wendy :)

Keeta Nova
    • Total posts: 294
    Up

Goodness me! Should I ask what it is for?

;)

MyGreatIdea
    Up

Well, sometimes I get bored…;)

No, I need them as displays for our undies release clip. One to use for presentations, shopping centre displays etc, and the other two to be able to leave as displays in retail outlets.

Wendy :)

SalenaKnight
    • Total posts: 604
    Up

have you tried mei+pichii?

They are a bit high end, so not sure if the price is a little exxy for you

http://www.meipicchi.com/home/products/mannequins/

MyGreatIdea
    Up

Thanks Flowerchild. They are plastic and black unfortunately. I need the fibreglass ones as they come in skin colour, which would be the best to showcase our clips.

I’m thinking I might have to foot it around some fashion department stores here in Perth and see what I can scrounge up :(

Wendy

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Wendy,

We’ll put a shout out on twitter and Facebook and see if we can find one for you. You never know!

But we tend to get more traction on social media during the week, so hold tight!

Jayne

Alex Honey: Int Design
    • Total posts: 151
    Up

Hi Wendy

Its a bit lateral but would it be an option to simply paint – (think professional finish) one of the non flesh coloured ones to your desired tone?

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

I agree with Alex – you could use a good spray paint. Remember to do it outside not inside on a sunny day.

MyGreatIdea
    Up

Thanks Alex and Karen for that idea :)

Will now buy plastic white mannequins and spray paint. Why didn’t I think of that?!?! lol

Wendy

sixx
    • Total posts: 333
    Up

Buy white plastic ones and take them to a spray tan studio.

GrovePara
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

I walked past a place in Collingwood on saturday night that sells mannequins. I think this is it:

Mannequin Sales
    61-71 Wellington Street, Collingwood VIC 3066
    (03) 9419 1010 ‎

Not sure they have a website but they certainly had all sorts of mannequins in the window…

MyGreatIdea
    Up

Thanks Andrea :)

They don’t have a website, but their business details led me to ads for shop fittings suppliers which has opened up a whole new search group for me.

Thank you
    Wendy

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Wendy,

We got the following response on Facebook from @Shannon Donoghue, if it helps:

Sunshine plaza Colorado store are selling several as they are closing down priced around $50

Good luck!
    Jayne

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.