Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Anyone interested in sharing a Home Show Stand?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mattl
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    ::

I have had no experience as an exhibitor but I have plenty of experience as a consumer at Home and Trade shows.
    I think these are an excellent place to get some leads.
    Being a Sole operator the cost of a stand is expensive and it would be a lonely place. I was wondering if anyone else in the FS Forum was considering renting a stand and would perhaps consider sharing one?
    Also has anyone else in this forum had experience with Home Shows and what are some of the pitfalls of doing this sort of marketing? Is the effort and expense worth the reward?

Brent@Ontrax
    • Total posts: 336
    Up

Matt,

I haven’t been involved with a Home show but I have been in a couple of IT Shows and had a stand in the Print Industry show. All in Sydney Darling Harbour Exhibition Center.

When you are an exhibitor, people like to walk around and be able to see your signs and quickly understand what it is you are selling. So make sure your signs are short and clear. Be confident and don’t stand around looking bored as this turns people off.

Depending on what product/service you are selling, a small competition, like business card draw or names in a hat, is always going to get you peoples names.

Just put yourself in their shoes. What do you look for when you go to one of the shows.

Good Luck with the show.
    Brent.

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

I have exhibited in home show for GHA – however they don’t let you share with someone else, even if you are solo. You should check the exhibitor terms carefully before getting someone to join you.

And yes, it’s very difficult being solo and exhibiting. I would have a sign that I put up near business cards whenever I had to have a short break. Unless a family member can help you, or you hire temporary staff for the expo, it will be challenging.

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Which show and which venue?

Steve

mattl
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

Thank you for the valuable advice. It was going to be the Sydney home show in May at the convention centre.
    At this point I have decided to spend more time (and money) on getting my website up to scratch.
    Once I have my act together in this department I will feel more confident in trying to advertise my brand.
    It’s funny how I feel very confident in my ability to deliver my product however I have no idea on how to let other people know that. :)

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up
    mattl, post: 152520 wrote:
    It’s funny how I feel very confident in my ability to deliver my product however I have no idea on how to let other people know that. :)

You can include a link to your current website in the footer of your posts.

Steve

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.