Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Anyone tried Aussielogos.com.au

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

There have been a few chats about logo designers on here, and it is a daunting world out there, especially with so many places refusing to publish their pricing (and I know, there are a number of reasons for this)

I just wondered if anyone had used aussielogos.com.au ? I like their fixed price packages and unlimited revisions, as well as upto 10 logo samples, and business card and letterhead designed for just $299

Their sample works look good, am just concerned that it is not truly Aussie at that price!

BrettM33
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,372
    Up

Hmmmmm…. I could be wrong, but I’d be willing to bet they have a pool of “cheap labor” that does all their work and try and fork it off as Aussies doing the work.

CR8Media
    • Total posts: 24
    Up

I agree with CondorCreative, sites like this you have to be extremely careful of. Your logo is a long term investment, something you want to represent your business for years to come, when the proper attention to design and your business needs are not taken, the final result will not be all it can/and should be.

Besides anyone that says “Receive 6 or 10 unique design concepts within 24 hours of your order. ” – I would definitely run from… really 24 hours?! Would you really think the appropriate time and thought would be put into each design to ensure it best represents your business?

Some food for thought. Good luck on your decision!

bluepenguin
    • Total posts: 1,026
    Up

If a designer is any good, why would they need to provide 10 logo concepts?

Imagine if you went to a doctor with a cough, he checked you out, and then asked you to pick from 10 possible diagnosesis. He is the expert in his field, not you, so he should know which is right…

Even if I come up with 50 concepts, I will only usually show the customer 3. My clients pay good money for good design. They’re paying me to be the expert, so I should know what the best solution is instead of making them do my job for me.

bridiej
    • Total posts: 1,097
    Up

Have a chat with Chris at Click Web Designs – great (100% Australian!) logos.

PawsForLife
    • Total posts: 77
    Up

Hmm, the revolution against crowd sourcing…

This is not very ethical guys.

V4W
    • Total posts: 57
    Up

My friend actually used these guys, and I warned her against doing so … but she was very lucky, and in return received just the logo she envisaged. In fact, she was sent a couple of versions that she was really impressed with.

chook
    • Total posts: 40
    Up

My husband used them for his logo. From memory, there was a lot of emails and tweaking but was really happy with the end result.

CR8Media
    • Total posts: 24
    Up
    PawsForLife, post: 81359 wrote:
    Hmm, the revolution against crowd sourcing…

This is not very ethical guys.

Hi PawsForLife,

The amount of clients who had gone for an option like this only to regret it afterwards which in turn only costs them more money is ridiculous.

But it is like dealing with any business, everyone’s expectations of quality are different. Some people might have good experiences, whilst others have bad. I am sorry if my comments sound unethical but it is strictly speaking from experience.

Bec :)

altima
    • Total posts: 131
    Up

I personally don’t understand people who believe that number of initial versions of design (logo, website or anything else) correspond with the quality and value of the service.
    Does it make a huge sense to get 100 mediocre samples and try to select a gem from them or get 3-4 high quality and well designed versions?

ray_223
    • Total posts: 594
    Up

There seems to be alot of bashing of these types of cheap design websites.
    Most of the bad comments are coming from designers who seem to infer a poor choice of logo will see the ruin of your business.

While I agree logo choices are important – I don’t think spending many hundreds or thousands of dollars on a logo is critical to every business (some very large businesses maybe) – but for the average small business, as long as it feels “right” and looks professional – it probably won’t make or break the business!

Similar to letter head and business card designs! yes they must be professional – but to spend thousands on the design for most people isn’t a good ROI strategy!

If you went to an event and some really boring guy (or gal) slipped you their business card as you were trying to head the other way – and the business card had some amazing magic design – would you reconsider your thoughts on that person? NO!

If you met some super cool gal (or guy) and you talked for awhile – and you thought you may be able to work with them in the future and you got their business card and it had a simple logo and contact details – you’d keep it because you wanted to – not because of some fancy logo or business card design!

I’m in no way saying everyone should use these cheap design sites, but I can see that for many people it would be an acceptable option.

The same feedback comes from website designers when someone mentions a template based website solution!

BrettM33
    Participant
    Up
    Quote:
    If you went to an event and some really boring guy (or gal) slipped you their business card as you were trying to head the other way – and the business card had some amazing magic design – would you reconsider your thoughts on that person? NO!

If you met some super cool gal (or guy) and you talked for awhile – and you thought you may be able to work with them in the future and you got their business card and it had a simple logo and contact details – you’d keep it because you wanted to – not because of some fancy logo or business card design!

So basically you’re saying that it’s more based on marketing yourself to your customer, which is in selling yourself if you are meeting them in person. However seeing as the majority of your customers you are trying to attract won’t be in person/handing them your business card then your logo becomes a PART of that marketing avenue and hence becomes more important for it to look right and represent your business.

ray_223
    • Total posts: 594
    Up
    CondorCreative, post: 81591 wrote:
    So basically you’re saying that it’s more based on marketing yourself to your customer, which is in selling yourself if you are meeting them in person. However seeing as the majority of your customers you are trying to attract won’t be in person/handing them your business card then your logo becomes a PART of that marketing avenue and hence becomes more important for it to look right and represent your business.

Hi Condor,

Every business is different – and lots will need diffierent strategies.
    But, yes, YOU are the most important part of your micro business and you should be selling yourself first and foremost.

The whole meeting in person was an example – which I still beleive.

It also depends on how you acquire your customers. If it’s mainly web – then yes – make sure your website and images looks professional. But probably more important are your products and services, testimonials and word of mouth marketing.

There are many, many huge organisations with just their name as their logo and they are doing very well! Designers will argue that the font, and the shade of blue used are critically important but my arguement is that as long as they look professional then, YOU, your products and services and customer service are 100 times more important.

I should stop now – because I have no proof and there probably are people far more qualified to comment.

Keepsakes Design
    • Total posts: 54
    Up
    ray_223, post: 81600 wrote:
    Hi Condor,

Every business is different – and lots will need diffierent strategies.
    But, yes, YOU are the most important part of your micro business and you should be selling yourself first and foremost.

The whole meeting in person was an example – which I still beleive.

It also depends on how you acquire your customers. If it’s mainly web – then yes – make sure your website and images looks professional. But probably more important are your products and services, testimonials and word of mouth marketing.

There are many, many huge organisations with just their name as their logo and they are doing very well! Designers will argue that the font, and the shade of blue used are critically important but my arguement is that as long as they look professional then, YOU, your products and services and customer service are 100 times more important.

I should stop now – because I have no proof and there probably are people far more qualified to comment.

I agree with Condor. Sometimes you are not there to ‘front’/sell your business. Your logo is the foundation of your company, if that isn’t right then it will affect your business, brand and marketing material.

The key to logo design is to keep it simple, professional, transferrable and relevant. The relevance is important i.e. John Smith Lawyers – may have professional logo design using a bright pink scripted font. But will it attract the right target audience?

The look and feel (design) of your website, business collateral and marketing material is extremely important, it’s the first impression in a lot of cases. You may have an amazing product or service, but if you fall at the first hurdle (impression) then you have lost business.

Your website business card might be the second impression. If I meet a potential supplier face-to-face he/she has energy and enthusiasm, they promises the best customer service and products. I look at their business card/website, ok, it looks professional but it doesn’t perceive the business as a customer focused, dynamic supplier I thought they were….they fall at the second hurdle.

To sum up…. you need a designer who is not only creative, but understands your business and the type of customers/clients you want to attract. I doubt you will find that designer who is working for minimum wage in the middle of India. But that’s my take on it, I’ll get off my soap box now :)

BrettM33
    Participant
    Up
    Quote:
    There are many, many huge organisations with just their name as their logo and they are doing very well!

I never said a logo had ti be complicated, it just needs to suit the business and have some thought put into it. Nothing wrong with the Coca Cola logo……. that’s terrific!

Quote:
    But probably more important are your products and services, testimonials and word of mouth marketing.

Yes, I agree.. however unless the customer is coming from a WOM then they have no idea if your service is good or not and that is why you have to impress them with your website/logo/copywriting to get them past that first step. Only THEN will you be able to sell yourself to them and show them how good your services are.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.