Home – New Forums Get productive Anyone use a Virtual Receptionist?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Cody
    • Total posts: 117
    Up
    ::

I’ve seen a few posts lately on these forums regarding a virtual assistant, but has anyone used a virtual receptionist?

The main purpose is to have someone on hand to answer calls/answer not too difficult questions and send through notes from the call.

I came across https://officeearth.com/au and they seem affordable and are located in Australia which is key.

Would love to hear from anyone who has used a VR.

Cheers

Cody

3ntr3pr3n3ur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 46
    Up

As an independent consultant, I’ve researched this option but haven’t yet taken the leap, so will follow this thread…

What I can add from my research is that there are plenty of Australian based providers, and their services can include access to physical office space, conference rooms, and office equipment like printers, and WiFi, as required…

Gizmo
    • Total posts: 731
    Up

These people here are awesome:
    http://www.nesolutions.com.au/

Ask to to talk Jay, she will look after you. :)

arrowwise
    • Total posts: 641
    Up

Many do not feel comfortable or prefer not to leave voicemails. Services like virtual receptions can help you catch that call in a timely and accurate manner, when otherwise it could be a costly loss entirely.

Cody
    Up
    Gizmo, post: 230126, member: 43147 wrote:
    These people here are awesome:
    http://www.nesolutions.com.au/

Ask to to talk Jay, she will look after you. :)

I take it you have used their reception services? I’m thinking they may charge more than what I can afford at this point in time.

Cody
    Up
    arrowwise, post: 230128, member: 54026 wrote:
    Many do not feel comfortable or prefer not to leave voicemails. Services like virtual receptions can help you catch that call in a timely and accurate manner, when otherwise it could be a costly loss entirely.

No doubt. Do you have any recommendations on who to use? Any advice on what to look out for/avoid?

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi Cody,

If it were me I would not skimp on that first interaction someone has with your business. Each phonecall is potentially very high value (you could probably calculate it roughly based on LTV and your conversion rate for leads), and could easily win or lose a client.

So I’d be looking for a high quality service and to pay extra for it. To keep costs in check I’d hope to pay per call, so you only pay when you have leads ($) coming in.

Good luck!

Dave

Cody
    Up
    Dave – FS Concierge, post: 230720, member: 49676 wrote:
    I’d be looking for a high quality service and to pay extra for it. To keep costs in check I’d hope to pay per call, so you only pay when you have leads ($) coming in.

Cheers Dave

AndrewStyles
    • Total posts: 23
    Up

Hello Cody, Im in Manila and we provide offshored services to Australian small business (social media/digital marketing and virtual staffing) but we dont provide VAs. There are tons of companies here that do. Mostly, they service the USA and EU markets, the reason being that during and post global financial crisis, businesses in these regions were badly effected and this forced businesses into low cost resourcing options. Australia wasnt as affected by the GFC so have only superficially gone into cost reduction strategies such as vitual staffing, so these conversations youre having now in Australia were the same conversations that the USA/EU had more than 5 years ago. Fact of the matter is, virtual staffing works and it works because EU/USA business owners make it work. They don’t see it as a trial or an option, they’re way past that now…they see it as a business imperative and the future of staffing. My point is that while a lot of people in Australia still see virtual staffing as a trial or option, other countries hv got on with virtual staffing are getting serious competitive advantage through proving services at significantly less cost but greater efficiencies. The conversation shouldnt be, “if i will do virtual staffing,” it should be “when do i start virtual staffing.”

Tim Ahern
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

The pricing out there for VA’s varies quite a bit I’ve found. Does anyone have enough experience with them to be able to recommend a minimum hourly rate you probably want to spend to make sure you are probably going to get one that can do what they promise?

AndrewStyles
    • Total posts: 23
    Up

I can give you a bit of information on VAs servicing Australian businesses from the Philippines…

People that i know in Melbourne who have engaged a full time VA, based in the Philippines, pay around AU$800/month – this is a direct engagement with a VA and generally NOT through an agent or outsourcing company. If through an agent or outsourcing company, the rates may be higher.

There are many Philippines businesses (owned by Australians and other westerners) that provide VAs as freelancers – the VA is typically not in the office and usually works from home (a small % of the monies paid will be commission back to the Philippines company providing the work). They can typically do work by the hour when required and rates vary but AU$10 – $20

Some Philippines offshored companies like mine employ the staff, have an office, and will not charge by the hour – we typically charge by the day (around $70/day). Clients engaging these types of virtual staffing companies need work completed that is varied – data entry one day, bookkeeping the next, digital marketing the next… Australian business only wants to deal/invoice one company and usually that company will provide a person who is a single point of contact. There’s typically a team with a range of expertise available so you’re not getting the same VA trying to do it all.

Hope that helps…

Sabrina Bir
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Hi,

I am a Virtual Office Manager in Sydney and have the pleasure of working with 300+ businesses of all sizes (start-up to large multi-nationals) and assisting them to operate and run successfully in various markets. We give our clients the power of a multi-national corporation for a fraction of the cost, whilst enjoying complete flexibility and value for money.

If you’re looking for some to answer your phone calls in a personalized and professional manner, a prestigious and credible address to advertise on your business cars and marketing collateral, and global reach, then I can definitely help you.

Kind Regards,
    Sabrina Bir

Servcorp | Virtual Office Manager

MikeDav
    • Total posts: 163
    Up

If you are looking for a local virtual receptionist then check out our site (links at the bottom). Having your phone answered promptly and professionally is extremely important and quite affordable.

syautd
    • Total posts: 15
    Up

like a robot ?;)

Webslice
    • Total posts: 30
    Up
    Cody, post: 230080, member: 55612 wrote:
    I came across https://officeearth.com/au and they seem affordable and are located in Australia which is key.

We forward our overflow calls to them. They work great.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.