Home – New Forums Tech talk Anyone using Fakortel VOIP?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bridiej
    • Total posts: 1,097
    Up
    ::

I’m planning to upgrade my current Skype VOIP to either another VOIP service, or possibly having a landline installed.

Of all the providers, Fakortel seems to offer me what I need at a reasonable price (although I do receive some calls, it’s not many as most enquiries etc. are via email).

Just wondered if anyone had experience of this company?

Or if anyone has any thoughts re using VOIP versus a landline?

Thanks.

bluepenguin
    • Total posts: 1,026
    Up

I haven’t heard of Fakortel, but am very happy with mynetfone.com.au. If you’re not making outgoing calls, it’s free (once you’ve purchased the hardware for a small price).

Tiggerito
    • Total posts: 362
    Up

@pothunter on twitter was not happy by their lack of out of hours service.

nathanw
    • Total posts: 8
    Up

Faktortel is one of the VOIP providers that has a presence on whirlpool forums and a good presence at that (In case you did not know Whirlpool is the largest telecomm. online forum). Generally that is a good sign as they have to be positive otherwise they lose reputation very quickly thanks to search engines.

I would say that they rank up there as one of the better services. Mynetfone (already mentioned) is also good and I have used pennytel too when setting up a Virtual PBX system which I would also recommend.

In terms of support I cannot offer an opinion as I have never had an issue (!). I don’t know if that is a good or bad thing :)

Having said all this I don’t know if the benefits of switching from Skype to one of these VOIP providers is actually that beneficial other than perhaps some latency (I.E. lag or delay).

May I ask why you feel you need to switch?

sailcorp
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Long time user of Faktortel. The Quality and reliability are consistantly very good. Used in my business for all incoming and outgoing calls with no problems at all. Highly reccomended

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up
    bridiej, post: 119911 wrote:
    I’m planning to upgrade my current Skype VOIP to either another VOIP service, or possibly having a landline installed.

Of all the providers, Fakortel seems to offer me what I need at a reasonable price (although I do receive some calls, it’s not many as most enquiries etc. are via email).

Just wondered if anyone had experience of this company?

Or if anyone has any thoughts re using VOIP versus a landline?

Thanks.

Hi bridiej,
    We can do what your talking about if you are interested. Our skype freinds do try to prevent people from moving thier numbers away but we have done it before.

kind regards,

Steve

bridiej
    • Total posts: 1,097
    Up
    NathanW, post: 120355 wrote:
    Having said all this I don’t know if the benefits of switching from Skype to one of these VOIP providers is actually that beneficial other than perhaps some latency (I.E. lag or delay).

May I ask why you feel you need to switch?

Thanks for the info Nathan. Yes, I am aware of the Whirlpool forums and often pop in to read up if I’m researching internet etc. kind of stuff.

I want to change as voicemail has become unreliable. It used to be that as soon as someone left a voicemail the little light on my phone flashed and I would pick it up next time I was at my desk. Now it takes hours (on one occasion two days!) for voicemail to show up. Thankfully so far it’s been non-important messages, but I’d hate to think that unreliable voicemail cost me a new client… :(

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.