Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Anyone want to contribute to http://helpforsmallbusiness.com?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    websitedesigner
    • Total posts: 917
    Up
    ::

Hi guys I set up a site yesterday http://helpforsmallbusiness.com/ basically I want it to extend what I already do on my own blog for web design http://awebsitedesigner.com.au but I would like to provide help on topics broader than just web design and help for businesses all around the world not just Australia. It’s pretty light on content wise at the moment so I’d like to load it up with some good stuff.

I would love things like videos and ebooks but just basic text articles would be fine.

There is a contributor sign up form on there where you can submit the content.

The site is brand new so it’s not going to get much traffic at first but it’s a 10 year old domain and over time I think I will be able to get it ranking in Google to get a bit of traffic through there (not just Australian businesses).

Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Thanks

Dan

bluewoodstudio
    • Total posts: 233
    Up

Hi Dan,

What a great site and great idea!

When things settle down a bit more for me, I would love to submit an article along the lines of why it’s important to get a qualified graphic designer to help you with your logo, overall branding and documents in regards to continuity of brand and consistency of message.

Try to cut through the whole ‘I can do this brochure or ad or flyer in Word and it will be fine’ attitude. KWIM?

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

Hi Dan – site looks good and think it’s a great idea. Going to do a bit of ‘brainstorming’ at our office and think we can come up with something (or somethings) of value – will use your ‘contribute’ link at the site once we have something :)

MsLilyPonds
    • Total posts: 264
    Up

I’d be keen to do something on DIY Copywriting 101 – but it might take me a month or two – is that OK – snowed under.

websitedesigner
    Up

Hi guys awesome, looking forward to getting the contributions.

Bluewoodstudio, the only thing I would say to that is it’s tempting as a service provider to preach the importance of engaging us as opposed to going down the DIY route. But articles on my sites need to provide value to the readers otherwise the site has no appeal. If I just had articles from service providers explaining the importance of engaging service providers the site would ultimately fail because it’s not really providing value.

It’s hard to go out on a limb and help people who want to do it themselves or want some introductory information (and perhaps give away some of your secrets in the process). But in doing so you provide real solutions to people’s problems and over time it will help build your authority.

I would much prefer an article ‘5 common branding mistakes and how to avoid them’ or something like that. It sets you up as an expert and will help people reading it. People who are potential clients might read it and think ‘that person knows what they are talking about I might give them a call’ and those who are just browsing will still get some value out of it.

I hope that makes sense. Of course I’ll be grateful for anything you send through.

JacquiPryor
    Up

Hi Again Dan,

Your last post provided an ‘aha’ moment – our office does a bi-monthly newsletter, and have started a series a couple of issues ago:

“5 Reasons Your Trademark Wasn’t Accepted” and have so far discussed two reasons that we considered to provide truly useful info to people looking at trademark protection.

If you have a moment – could you check out http://www.completeip.com.au/Newsletter.php (either the current issue, which has part two of the series – or the last one that’s there) and let me know if you think this would be appropriate, and if you would be happy to receive the next installment each 2 months to coincide with the newsletter?

If you think this kind of thing works to your concept of the site, let me know and I will reword at my end to fit the context of a contribution and submit it through the website.

Thanks,

bluewoodstudio
    • Total posts: 233
    Up

Hi again Dan, I know what you are saying, but my first point if I was writing a ‘5 common branding mistakes and how to avoid them’ article would be 1. Engage the services of a professional when it comes to developing and producing your logo/brand! ;)

websitedesigner
    Up

Hi Jacqui, looks perfect! Useful info that I know nothing about! Feel free to submit via the site or contact me, include a profile too. Also a good idea to set up on gravatar

JacquiPryor
    Up

Thanks Dan – just emailed you. I tried to submit via the site but just kind of lagged when I hit ‘send’ on the contribution form (like it was trying to send it all through, but not really getting anywhere).

Anyway – let me know once you have a chance to review the email whether you need anything else from us.

GailH
    • Total posts: 217
    Up

Thanks Dan, this is a great initiative! :)

We’ll put our thinking caps on here and come up with something to send through as well.

Gail

websitedesigner
    Up

Awesome thanks guys. Jacqui it should be going up today!

JacquiPryor
    Up

Thanks Dan.

Not sure if you have predetermined categories – however, these could be categorised as “Brand Protection” or simply “Trademark Registration” if you like.

websitedesigner
    Up

Hi Jacqui, I do have some broad categories but I don’t want to have more than will fit in the top menu. I gave this a category of ‘legal’ but perhaps that’s too broad? I guess I’ll monitor what sort of articles I get to work out what categories I need. But I’ll tag the post for now with those tags

JacquiPryor
    Up
    websitedesigner, post: 90369 wrote:
    Hi Jacqui, I do have some broad categories but I don’t want to have more than will fit in the top menu. I gave this a category of ‘legal’ but perhaps that’s too broad? I guess I’ll monitor what sort of articles I get to work out what categories I need. But I’ll tag the post for now with those tags

No worries Dan – however you see fit, go for it – not too fussy from our end :)

bridiej
    • Total posts: 1,097
    Up

I’ll definitely come up with something for you Dan, just got a lot on at the mo with recovering dog on top of everything else…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.