Home – New Forums Tech talk anyone want to exchange links?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Netboost SEO
    • Total posts: 191
    Up
    ::

Hey all, I have just finished relaunching an ecommerce site of mine in the education / medical niche. Before I start to haggle with the various unis and government dept and try and squeeze links out of them (not fun at all) I thought I would offer any FS members the chance to swap links.

The way it works is – you link to my site A, and then my site B will link to your site C. That way you get a little more link juice.

Anyone who wants to participate must have the link on their homepage with the desired anchor text – reputable sites only (no adult/pharma/MFA).

Please post here or PM me if interested.

Sunnys
    • Total posts: 64
    Up

Hi

I would be very much interested, I am still getting my website done and it should be launched in next 2 weeks, its for a bookkeeping business.
    I can talk to my web developer if you want.

Regards
    Sunny K

Netboost SEO
    Up

sure just send me a pm when you are ready

Online Fax
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Hi we are also looking for a link exchange but perhaps not that related. We are in small Biz telecom solutions/virtual office services…what are your sites? Thx

Alan Maddick
    • Total posts: 410
    Up

Do you really think link exchange is worth the effort? I guess what i mean is links are fairly easy to get and i find link exchange is the slowest most painful way. Do you really think they are worth the extra effort over other methods?

seocourse
    • Total posts: 918
    Up
    SmallBusinessWorks, post: 74540 wrote:
    Do you really think link exchange is worth the effort? I guess what i mean is links are fairly easy to get and i find link exchange is the slowest most painful way. Do you really think they are worth the extra effort over other methods?

LINK EXCHANGE: the nicest waste of time in the SEO world…

Netboost SEO
    Up
    SmallBusinessWorks, post: 74540 wrote:

Actually they are not a waste of time, since 1 relevant exchanged link from an established site may be worth more than 100 article links

Some links are fairly easy to get but you will find that getting relevant contextual links (they type most valued by Google) on a site that relates somewhat to your niche is not that easy.

To get these first class links you have a few options:
    link exchange – Bob’s site X to Jim’s site Y then Bob’s site A to Jim’s site B
    outreach – contacting authority and relevant sites and asking for links, usually takes a lot of charm, has a low conversion rate but can pay off really well
    link baiting – designing something that will make people want to link to your site and giving it away free
    access to a diverse and established web network – this requires either a lot of time and money or the right connections

Sure juiced web 2.0 properties and article marketing may be easier but the results from relevant contextual links are the strongest by far…

As for link exchanges I currently looking for links:
    education and exam prep
    seo and marketing

I am looking for links to these sites – why would you want to link to my sites? because if you do you will get regular links pointing at these pages which will improve your rankings and give your site a lot of link juice – in other words you get free seo for that page because it saves me the hassle of creating new websites.

Michael_R
    • Total posts: 130
    Up
    seocourse, post: 74545 wrote:
    LINK EXCHANGE: the nicest waste of time in the SEO world…

I think this might be the first time I agree with you.

When I first saw this post I could not believe that people are still asking and trying to be part of a link wheel. So 2006!!

Just create real value for your audience and that will will in the end!!

Netboost SEO
    Up
    Michael_R, post: 74571 wrote:
    I think this might be the first time I agree with you.

When I first saw this post I could not believe that people are still asking and trying to be part of a link wheel. So 2006!!

Just create real value for your audience and that will will in the end!!

I am not talking about link wheels or mutual link exchanges – the sites have to all be connected to be a link wheel – my site A to your site B, your site B to my site C – A and C are not linked

The trouble with the just make good content and they will come is that in order for ppl to find your good content you need popularity – it is a vicious cycle. Also good content alone will not help if your audience are not the type to create links…

Making good content is essential for long term success but if you rely on the merits of your content alone you will be waiting a long long time

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.