Home – New Forums Find the help you need Anyone want to partner with me to finish off an app?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    bluepenguin
    • Total posts: 1,026
    Up
    ::

Hi there,

I’ve designed and launched an app for Android and Iphone which kind of works OK, but it’s got to the point where I don’t want to spend any more money and time on it as it’s not giving any back, so the app and I are at a stalemate.

It’s basically a reverse image search for Instagram. I thought it was a great idea, but unfortunately I haven’t been able to find a way for it to search Instagram content so it’s limited to searching content indexed by Google.

I’ve run a few marketing campaigns on Instagram and the take up is OK. I get a few complaints about the limitations explained above, but overall the response has been OK.

As I don’t understand the technical side of things, I outsourced the development which was OK, but means that some things are not exactly how I wanted them.

If anyone’s interested, please let me know.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi and welcome back to the forums Steve ;-)

I hope you find your perfect match!

Cheers

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Sometimes it’s just better to put a poorly researched idea to sleep and move onto something better. Just highlights the importance or research research research be it for starting a business or some new component of a business.

ScarlettR
    • Total posts: 396
    Up

Out of curiosity, what’s the reason for it? Why reverse image for Insta?

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up

Hey Steve – good to see you back around :) I’d also be interested to hear more about how customers are using it.

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up

What sort of framework is the app built with…ie hybrid, or full native code development for both iOS and Android.

Might make a big difference to possible partnership options.

I’m not sure if it’s relevant, but may be, given what you want the app to do.

Facebook has shut down (in response to you know what) a heap of available API’s including Instagram with almost no notice, leaving a heap of developers in the poo with apps leveraging off it’s API’s

bluepenguin
    Up

Thanks for your interest everyone.

The idea behind the app is primarily to locate where your photos have been reused without permission, or it can be used by people simply curious to see where their images have ended up.

I know of people who have had photos of themselves and their children taken by less than wholesome people and used without permission which can be quite disturbing.

When I tested the waters with a little bit of Instagram marketing, I received interest from mainly artists, designers, photographers and models wanting to keep an eye on their IP.

Greg M, to be honest I’m not sure what all that means :) I have all the source files for both platforms, so could probably work out the answer if someone told me what to look for.

Greg_M
    Up
    bluepenguin, post: 258973, member: 21866 wrote:
    Thanks for your interest everyone.

The idea behind the app is primarily to locate where your photos have been reused without permission, or it can be used by people simply curious to see where their images have ended up.

I know of people who have had photos of themselves and their children taken by less than wholesome people and used without permission which can be quite disturbing.

When I tested the waters with a little bit of Instagram marketing, I received interest from mainly artists, designers, photographers and models wanting to keep an eye on their IP.

Greg M, to be honest I’m not sure what all that means :) I have all the source files for both platforms, so could probably work out the answer if someone told me what to look for.

Sorry, spitting out useless tech stuff is a bad habit of mine…briefly, a hybrid app is built using standard HTML, CSS and Javascript (i figure your website design experience can manage this bit)…it’s then “wrapped” in a code base (maybe Cordova) that can talk to the underlying operating system in question.

A true “native” app is usually written in the actual “hard code” of the underlying OS maybe Swift for iOS or Java or Dart for Android.

There’s usually 2 separate skill sets and tools chains for each…and why I asked the question. Not many developers work with both.

If there’s HTML, CSS etc in (usually the the SRC or DIST folder) it’s probably hybrid…and by deduction, if there isn’t, probably native.

bluepenguin
    Up

Looking through the SRC folder of the Android version, I see a bunch of .java files and not HTML or CSS, and in the iOS version I see lots of .swift files, so from your description I’d say they were native apps. I could be wrong though.

Greg_M
    Up
    bluepenguin, post: 258978, member: 21866 wrote:
    Looking through the SRC folder of the Android version, I see a bunch of .java files and not HTML or CSS, and in the iOS version I see lots of .swift files, so from your description I’d say they were native apps. I could be wrong though.

Certainly sounds like it…may help in finding the kind of tech partner you need.

Doing a little Googling around a bit, it does seem there’s a demand for this type of app…good luck with it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.