Home – New Forums New here? Share your story App designer/programmer needed

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    kc*2
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

I am looking for an developer/programmer to help develop an new App idea I have.

I have already spoken with a few companies around Melbourne but found that they didn’t share the foresight into the potential of my idea and were more interested in quoting a standard set fee (which were all far too high in my opinion) to create something that I know some people out there can do pretty easily….I just which I had paid more attention in my programming courses in university!!

So, what I am looking for is someone to work WITH the development of a very exciting social media app idea.

I am very interested in hearing from anyone who feels this may be of interest to them.

Kind Regards,
    KC

JohnTranter
    • Total posts: 842
    Up

Hey KC,

You might try Silicon beach, a website purely for startups.
    There’s a job board where you can make your pitch if you’re looking for a technical co-founder.

http://www.siliconbeachaustralia.org/

Alternatively you can try to learn the skills yourself, there’s plenty of online courses available

e.g.
    http://teamtreehouse.com/tracks

good luck,

John

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    kc*2, post: 189635 wrote:
    I have already spoken with a few companies around Melbourne but found that they didn’t share the foresight into the potential of my idea and were more interested in quoting a standard set fee (which were all far too high in my opinion) to create something that I know some people out there can do pretty easily….I just which I had paid more attention in my programming courses in university!!
    So you want someone cheap? I know someone amazing here in Melbourne who could help, but the above statement worries me a bit! App building is not cheap, and you shouldn’t be looking for people to drop their price because you think it should be easy or because they share your vision. They are businesses after all.

Have you tried Odesk or Freelancer?

Good luck :)

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 189647 wrote:
    So you want someone cheap? I know someone amazing here in Melbourne who could help, but the above statement worries me a bit! App building is not cheap, and you shouldn’t be looking for people to drop their price because you think it should be easy or because they share your vision. They are businesses after all.

Hey Matt,

Think KC is asking for a potential ‘partner’ who will work on the app to build with them and prosper with them, i think? KC, please clarify… As Matt says, chances of someone in the business of building apps day in day out opting to reduce or negate their fees merely because they agree with your idea or ‘like’ your idea really may not have too much merit.

Or as John pointed out, which i didnt know, maybe the siliconbeach outreach to get a ‘technical cofounder’ on board could be good.. although this doesnt sound totally like a ‘partnering arrangement’ as such – but may jump over and have a look as well…

Cheers
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 189647 wrote:

Oops, or these two options Matt suggested as well :)

Cheers
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    SimplyReplica, post: 189652 wrote:
    Hey Matt,

Think KC is asking for a potential ‘partner’ who will work on the app to build with them and prosper with them, i think? KC, please clarify… As Matt says, chances of someone in the business of building apps day in day out opting to reduce or negate their fees merely because they agree with your idea or ‘like’ your idea really may not have too much merit.

Or as John pointed out, which i didnt know, maybe the siliconbeach outreach to get a ‘technical cofounder’ on board could be good.. although this doesnt sound totally like a ‘partnering arrangement’ as such – but may jump over and have a look as well…

Cheers
    JasonAh, looks like I misunderstood.

Thanks! Good luck in finding your partner KC.

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 189656 wrote:
    Ah, looks like I misunderstood.

Thanks! Good luck in finding your partner KC.

Hey Matt

Really, i could be completely wrong although reading these sections of the OP i would assume this may be what they are after to keep costs down and get someone to do the work that may want to profit along with KC’s idea.. And i am just reading between the lines, have placed bold markings on the wording i think points this way.. but await KC’s return to clarify.

I have already spoken with a few companies around Melbourne but found that they didn’t share the foresight into the potential of my idea and were more interested in quoting a standard set fee (which were all far too high in my opinion) to create something that I know some people out there can do pretty easily….

So, what I am looking for is someone to work WITH the development of a very exciting social media app idea.
    END QUOTE

It is interesting to read this though, and if i got it wrong i can be reprimanded :o… Have had a few discussions in the past with a few colleagues who have BRILLIANT app ideas although are unwilling to invest the money themselves, thinking it will make a squillion although want others to take the risk with time etc in developing.. This is bordering, if not completely, on the side of venture capitalists taking an interest more so than a partnership i feel>? what do others think? only ask, as if i ran a business that made apps i am pretty sure i would not have the ability to ‘fund’ a multitude of app developments or subsidise the production on the risk of it becoming a boomer as i have staff, wages, overheads etc to cover :(

Anyways, look forward to update.

Jason

JohnTranter
    • Total posts: 842
    Up
    SimplyReplica, post: 189670 wrote:
    if i ran a business that made apps i am pretty sure i would not have the ability to ‘fund’ a multitude of app developments or subsidise the production on the risk of it becoming a boomer as i have staff, wages, overheads etc to cover :(

That’s pretty much it, I have costs. My time is what I sell so if I’m working on a project, I’m not making money. It may cost me upwards of $10,000 to build the first stage and for that I’d want something pretty definite in return.

Can I trust my new business partner to market the business properly? Do they have sales experience? Are they willing to invest the time in testing? Can they run the business side of things?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.