Home Forums New here? Share your story Appreciate your feedback for this new website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    MonsieurPete
    • Total posts: 7

Hi Flying Soloers,

Six months in the making (largely due to the back-end logics), I’ve taken the covid period to work on a new business. Much appreciated if soloers here can help provide some feedbacks objectively. I’m wondering if the website clearly explains what the business does, how it works and why it would work.

http://www.gdaymailbox.com

Yes, I’ve decided to drop the .au from the url, as I’m indeed aiming to make a splash internationally. But I’m sure there is a lot of works to be done to get to that stage.

Anyways, any feedback is really appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Peter

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,472

I like the concept and yes I get what you are offering.

I don’t like that you don’t have an ABN on your website (that I can find)

Plus when I do a search for your trading name (G’day Mailbox) it doesnt come up against your company name, in fact it doesnt come up. Have you registered it?

Plus you need to desperately do a grammar and spell check on your site, both are a commonly available tools.

Jaylene
    • Total posts: 17

Hi Peter
    It looks really nice, clean and to the point. I like it

UmarBatchelor
    • Total posts: 26

Hi Peter,

Looks like you took the step which I didn’t. I was thinking of doing something similar but found hotsnail doing it better than I could. Just wondering how youre making it different or where are you focusing your marketing?

G’Day Mailbox is an Australian term so you might want to add the .au or at least redirect it from .au

Paul – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 3,127

Hi Peter,

Well thought out and executed site.

Good luck.

Cheers
    Paul

MonsieurPete
    Jaylene, post: 270793, member: 118824 wrote:
    Hi Peter
    It looks really nice, clean and to the point. I like it
    Thanks Jaylene, appreciate your compliment. We aim to make it clean and concise, not to annoy people with too much information. I hope people can understand what we do, and how we can add value to the small businesses and even individuals.
    MonsieurPete
    UmarBatchelor, post: 270805, member: 65049 wrote:
    Hi Peter,

Looks like you took the step which I didn’t. I was thinking of doing something similar but found hotsnail doing it better than I could. Just wondering how youre making it different or where are you focusing your marketing?

G’Day Mailbox is an Australian term so you might want to add the .au or at least redirect it from .au
    Hi Umar, yes, we are Aussies, and it was a Swinburne university professor, a friend of mine, who gave the name to the business. We also purchased the domain with ‘.au’ but our aim is to make it global.

I had a quick look at the other company, I guess the main difference is that G’day Mailbox offers a customer a street address as opposed to a PO box.
    That means, you can send courier deliveries as well. The street address also allows you to enlist your business on various business directories. Also, we have locations in different states. We are Melbourne based, that’s why you see there is more locations in Victoria. But we are increasing our presence, hopefully expand to other countries. :)

MonsieurPete
    Paul – FS Concierge, post: 270814, member: 78928 wrote:
    Hi Peter,

Well thought out and executed site.

Good luck.

Cheers
    Paul
    Hi Paul, thanks, and appreciate your advice in the past to become more active in FB groups. That’s really important. Cheers, Peter

Paul – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 3,127

Hi Peter,

I do have one question.

It relates to Google specifically and is around SEO and GMB.

Can I assume that an address can only be used for one business for these purposes?

Cheers
    Paul

MonsieurPete
    Paul – FS Concierge, post: 270835, member: 78928 wrote:
    Hi Peter,

I do have one question.

It relates to Google specifically and is around SEO and GMB.

Can I assume that an address can only be used for one business for these purposes?

Cheers
    Paul
    Hi Paul,

We are aware of the restrictions on Google.

Our system offers customers unique address by having a suite number to their address line. It is like renting an address within an office building.

With the unique address, you can indeed do SEO and GMB, your business will appear on google map.

Cheers,
    Peter

raven492
    • Total posts: 4

I think its solid. Well presented and shows what the service is and the benefits.

One thing that may be useful is some policy documents or a bit more detail in the FAQ for physical security & confidentiality (especially for your shredding service).

UmarBatchelor
    • Total posts: 26
    MonsieurPete, post: 270832, member: 118513 wrote:
    Hi Umar, yes, we are Aussies, and it was a Swinburne university professor, a friend of mine, who gave the name to the business. We also purchased the domain with ‘.au’ but our aim is to make it global.

I had a quick look at the other company, I guess the main difference is that G’day Mailbox offers a customer a street address as opposed to a PO box.
    That means, you can send courier deliveries as well. The street address also allows you to enlist your business on various business directories. Also, we have locations in different states. We are Melbourne based, that’s why you see there is more locations in Victoria. But we are increasing our presence, hopefully expand to other countries. :)

Great…all the best

Jaylene
    • Total posts: 17
    MonsieurPete, post: 270824, member: 118513 wrote:
    Thanks Jaylene, appreciate your compliment. We aim to make it clean and concise, not to annoy people with too much information. I hope people can understand what we do, and how we can add value to the small businesses and even individuals.
    It’s a pleasure.
    businesstrade
    Participant
    • Total posts: 210
    MonsieurPete, post: 270538, member: 118513 wrote:
    Hi Flying Soloers,

Six months in the making (largely due to the back-end logics), I’ve taken the covid period to work on a new business. Much appreciated if soloers here can help provide some feedbacks objectively. I’m wondering if the website clearly explains what the business does, how it works and why it would work.

http://www.gdaymailbox.com

Yes, I’ve decided to drop the .au from the url, as I’m indeed aiming to make a splash internationally. But I’m sure there is a lot of works to be done to get to that stage.

Anyways, any feedback is really appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Peter

It’s a nice website, clean, straight to the point. Out of curiosity, what are the virtual addresses used for?

Digiville
    • Total posts: 1

Hi Peter. Lovely site, well done. Looks very professional.

If SEO is part of your marketing plan, you’re missing a trick with your page titles and content.

Time spent on keyword research will help with your online search results.

Kait

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.