Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Approaching Schools

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    ::

Hi there

Can anyone offer any advice about approaching schools? I’ve been developing a program and I’m ready to deliver it.

I’ve thought about writing a personal letter which is my preferred method, however, the cost of postage is very high and I want to approach a lot of schools. Next is email. I have been emailing the school admin staff asking them who would be the right person to contact, but they are not all that good at replying sometimes.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Jenny Spring
    • Total posts: 597
    Up
    Jaybee, post: 191128 wrote:
    Hi there

Can anyone offer any advice about approaching schools? I’ve been developing a program and I’m ready to deliver it.

I’ve thought about writing a personal letter which is my preferred method, however, the cost of postage is very high and I want to approach a lot of schools. Next is email. I have been emailing the school admin staff asking them who would be the right person to contact, but they are not all that good at replying sometimes.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Hello

I’ve got a client that I’m working with right now to assist with their sales and digital marketing activities. They are an international spelling book company.

So I can probably help you.

Is your product to be used by teachers? Will it be purchased by the principal?

It depends who will be the user and the purchaser as to your approach.

jenny

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Jaybee,

Welcome to Flying Solo!

It sounds like an exciting stage for your business to be moving into :)

As Jenny suggested, the community here might need a bit more info before they’re able to advise you properly. Any additional info you can share with us will be helpful.

Good luck with it all,
    Jayne

Y LearnMarketing
    • Total posts: 37
    Up

Have you tried to use fax? It can be very effective in schools compare to other sectors.

As I know we are the only list provider in the market provide personalized marketing lists of all schools in Australia & NZ.

We also supply University, TAFE and Childcare Mailing lists.

Justin Laju
    • Total posts: 89
    Up

Hi Jaybee,

Why do you prefer writing a letter?

It is far more personable to call them directly. Any form of relationship generation that is “actively” generated will be far more successful if you call, introduce yourself – try to ascertain the person in charge of “x” (whatever your service/product orients toward), and either set an appointment to go and visit them or then send them further details (depending on your process/how local the approach is etc).

When you call them you build far more rapport, you can glean information more easily, you can get to the decision maker and know that you have, you can handle objections with features and benefits. Once you get hold of them, the decision maker, you will know the status of that “lead”. You’ll have some feedback to work with.

Telemarketing, Appointment Setting, or Telesales (depending on your requirements) are far more active and solid relationship engineering approaches than sending letters.

But there are no rules. If you get results from letters, great. If not, then you need to assess why they are not getting the result. Receptionists are not trained to sell you to the decision maker, they are trained to field enquiries.

So, again, why is a Letter your preference?

I suggest that with all marketing approaches, it is best to assess each medium for its merits and drawbacks before deciding on preference.

In my experience, you need to get amongst them and make it happen.

A combination of call, ask for the person in charge, talk to them or send them an email – stating that you recently called to speak with them. Then call back, call back, call back.

Need Leads?
    • Total posts: 54
    Up

I believe it would be best to cold call and speak with the decision maker, make sure they are interested get the best email address and contact details to send them some more information and then follow up in a few days to make sure they got it and see if they have any questions.

That’s how most of our cold calling campaigns go to schools. :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.