Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Architect on a (Solo) Mission!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ark8architects
    • Total posts: 32
    Up
    ::

Hi all..

I’m a newbie to this brilliant portal and am already overwhelmed by the great pieces of advice splashed across this virtual community.

I’m an architect who, after years of feeding the ladders of corporate greed, has decided to jump ship, wear my belief system on my heart (and drawing hand) and fly solo.

Ark 8 Architects is a progressive Melbourne-based design studio dedicated to critical thinking and creative action in the built environment.

We aspire to the practice of architecture as “Craft” – working towards strong conceptual legibility and design clarity within a framework of innovation, functional beauty and sustainable design. Our work is a rigorous and reductive translation of material processes, rationality and inspiration.

All we produce – from stand-alone dwellings, multi-unit and mixed-use developments, to masterplans, are characterised by legibility. We aim to deliver projects which are a collaborative aggregation of opportunities and constraints, ideas and parameters – founded upon the requirements of the client.

I look forward to getting involved in this community.

Kevin

bluewoodstudio
    • Total posts: 233
    Up

Hi Kevin,

Welcome to Flying Solo.

are characterised by legibility. We aim to deliver projects which are a collaborative aggregation of opportunities and constraints, ideas and parameters – founded upon the requirements of the client.

I LOVE this ^. Very similar ideas to how I approach my work.

Do you have a website or any online presence as yet?

Heidi :)

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Kevin,

Welcome aboard, and thanks for your lovely feedback about Flying Solo – you’ve made our morning :)

I hope you enjoy every moment of being your own boss!
    Jayne

ark8architects
    • Total posts: 32
    Up

Thanks for the warm welcome!

My website has just been launched.. a site which tries to reflect my design approach .. reductive and a distillation into the bare essential denominators.

http://www.ark8.com.au

The website is a work-in-progress as I’m still getting to grips with Joomla.

Heidi, seeing that you are a graphic designer, your opinion would be most welcome. I enjoyed browsing your website.. it was delicately crisp and “sketchbook” feel was especially nostalgic. :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.