Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Ardent Bookkeeping

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    possumview
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hello Flying Soloist.

I am from Adelaide.

I have just started a new business (as a soloist of course) and would love your thoughts on my website.

http://www.ardentbookkeeping.com.au

Any feedback good or bad would be greatly appreciated

Kind Regards
    Amy Dingley

Bronze frequent flyer
    Up

Hi, I’m new too, I just visited your website, it looks really good!! We’ll done, but do you have a physical office? If you do I would suggest you pop that on the site via google places (free) incl maps ect.
    Also I would investigate speaking to telstra about providing a number I.e 1300 no. That diverts to your mobile. It just makes the company seem a little small with just a mobile no.
    Also I would really promote the ‘cloud based’ accounting/bookkeeping talk existing businesses over, it’s all the rage

But I reinterate, the site is amaze-balls!
    Good luck

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

Hi Amy, I am in Adelaide too. Welcome to flying solo. I think you site looks clean and I think the layout is good.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Amy.

A couple of comments on your website.

* terms of use and privacy policy, this is the template telling you to edit and put your details in, does not look professional leaving this in this state, have you read it.
    * About us page – If you click on “News” it asks for a password.
    * Our clients dot – It would appear you only have one client
    * Testimonials, you dont have any, lose the heading if you dont have any
    * Never say “amazed by the poor quality”, you should never citicise the oposition, just say what you have to offer and let the client decide. Or justify the statement.
    * “Recognised as an industry leader”, but you have only been registered for a hand full of months, justify been an industry leader. What makes you an industry leader in 6 months ??
    * you only have one partner, either fill the page or lose the page
    * May have picked up the wrong info here, but you are not registered for GST, but are quoting prices plus GST.
    * Book keepers registration page “contact us on xxxxxxx”..
    * I find the whole website difficult to navigate around,

Bert

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Amy,

Welcome to Flying Solo :)

I see that you’ve received a bunch of feedback about your website already – I hope it’s helpful to you.

For a more comprehensive review, I recommend starting a new thread in the Community Reviews section of the forum – but please read the guidelines you’ll find at the top of the page there first!

Good luck with it all, and thanks for joining us,
    Jayne

possumview
    Up

Thank you for all your wonderful tips and feedback.

I have just lodge an application to receive a 1300 number and am working on my website to amend a few areas as suggested.

Starting a business alone is rewarding but it does have its challenges. To be able to have a forum like this where I can bounce ideas and gain advise from like minded people is a wonderful thing.

Warm Regards

Amy Dingley
    Ardent Bookkeeping

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.