Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Are “native” web apps dying?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up
    ::

I’d normally post something like this in the Tech thread, but it occurred to me that those it affects most possibly don’t read or have an interest in the techie type stuff, but I do know in this thread it’s all about bums on seats, conversions and sales.

To cut a very long story short, native apps are the ones you actually install on your phone etc, while web apps are web based and work in the browser (can be wrapped to work as native apps).

Enter “progressive web apps” i.e. web apps that can be installed on the phone and interact with the phone OS.

To the point…I’ve just been reading about where progressive web apps are heading:

https://joreteg.com/blog/installing-web-apps-for-real

Which led to a video from the Google Developer conference 2016 that explains why you should take them seriously if you want sales:

[MEDIA=youtube]eI3B6x0fw9s[/MEDIA]

It’s a pretty long video and at times a bit techie…but it does offer some real evidence .e.g. Ali Baba is now using them with impressive conversion results.

Before you spend big bucks developing a native app it’s worth checking out imo.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,384
    Up
    ::

Thanks for posting Greg.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.