Home – New Forums Tech talk Are we ready for robot writers?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    GailH
    • Total posts: 217
    Up
    ::

There’s an article in The Age today that some may find exciting, but I found a bit depressing: Who needs writers when an algorithm will do the job?

For sure the technology is cool, but this is one of those “just because we can, doesn’t mean we should” things for me.

While it makes sense to use computers to help you gather content, I’d prefer that there’s a real human brain behind the analysis and delivery of that content!

Or maybe I’m just old fashioned. :)

SuzsSpace
    Participant
    • Total posts: 692
    Up

That’s awesome. Thank you for giving me a fabulous idea for an article today, it’ll go live in a few minutes. I don’t agree with the idea and I’ll wait to see how many people understand that from what I’ve said.

GailH
    • Total posts: 217
    Up
    SuzsSpace, post: 90246 wrote:
    That’s awesome. Thank you for giving me a fabulous idea for an article today, it’ll go live in a few minutes. I don’t agree with the idea and I’ll wait to see how many people understand that from what I’ve said.

Be sure to share the link once it’s live! :)

The Copy Chick
    • Total posts: 963
    Up

Interesting – although I’d have to read more than a couple of lines to be convinced ;)

Keeta Nova
    • Total posts: 294
    Up

Fine for the communication of basic data.

But, as objective as sports reporting needs to be, the best sports writers have opinions, create controversy and have an in depth knowledge of the sport they are covering.

We don’t follow sport for statistics, we follow for the love of the game.

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up

Sounds very similar to another computer program I was reading about recently – I was reading on my phone so can’t remember the link.

But basically it takes the emotion out of judging and allows judges to utilise this device to obtain logical advice.

I’m sure it won’t be too long before we’re all communicating in binary.

– Jake

tbc
    • Total posts: 29
    Up

robot.png

I just don’t see how they’re going to get very much written with those clunky fingers.

EmmaCondon
    • Total posts: 18
    Up

What about if the machine is given a human brain? or am I just overthinking :D

If machines won’t have brains like humans do then I bet the articles would be really generic, coming from articles that’s already there. Kinda like spinned or something. haha.

Keeta Nova
    • Total posts: 294
    Up

I’m reporting live from a sporting event soon. Betcha I can work just as fast as a robot.

SuzsSpace
    Participant
    • Total posts: 692
    Up

I’ve just come back to Flying Solo today. Didn’t see you asking for a link to my article. Here ’tis.

http://www.suzs-space.com/2011/09/the-art-of-writing-has-gone-digital/

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.