Home Forums Other discussions Are your heart and your head aligned?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Startafreshlife
    • Total posts: 35

I was reminded yesterday by my teenage nephew on how powerful our change choices can be when our head and our heart is aligned. He is following his dream to join the armed forces and he is prepared to do what ever it takes to get there – he does not see this as hard, he sees this as doing what he needs to do to fulfill his dream and goals.

As a coach I often hear these phrases:

• I should be happy
    • Something is missing
    • I just don’t have the energy to complete my goals or actions
    • It all seems so hard

If our heart and head are not aligned we will always struggle to achieve change or outcomes. The voice in our head says “you should be happy” or “you should do this”, but our heart feels something is missing. Who says we “should”?

“Our head helps us to notice what needs to change, but the heart provides the power and direction to actually bring about the changes.”

If you find you are struggling to move forward or achieve your goals or if you feel something is missing, I would encourage you to create a partnership between your head and heart. The power of coherence gives you the energy efficiency you need to achieve changes that haven’t been possible before. You might be surprised at what you can achieve!

COACHING TIP:

• Create a partnership between your head and your heart
    • Reframe your language from “I should” to “I could” you will be surprised at how much empowerment this provides – freedom of choice and control in what you chose
    kangaroojosh
    • Total posts: 64

Really interesting thoughts ..
    Often yeah, heart says something else but we override it with logical answers to suit the society and circumstances around us. Interesting thoughts..

ThomasMaloney
    • Total posts: 12

It’s tough to find a job or career rather, that satisfies everything you’re looking for and what happens is that people sometimes settle. By the time they bring up the courage to try something else, there’s a lot to lose and that just makes people more scared!

Kelly Exeter FS Editor
    • Total posts: 241

I am so excited to read this here because we have a really great article going live in the next week or so that talks about the fact that there are actually three ‘brains’ in our bodies: head, heart and gut … and how a great state of flow is achieved when all three are in alignment. I will share it here once live!

GuestMember
    • Total posts: 318

I’m still learning to follow my gut. No problem with heart and definitely not with head. But the number of times I’ve ignored gut feeling is unbelievable. If we don’t listen to our gut, and our values and work are misaligned, ulcers and IBS may be on their way!

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Startafreshlife, post: 220619, member: 69397 wrote:
    If you find you are struggling to move forward or achieve your goals or if you feel something is missing, I would encourage you to create a partnership between your head and heart. The power of coherence gives you the energy efficiency you need to achieve changes that haven’t been possible before. You might be surprised at what you can achieve!

Very appropriate, and a definite must do. I turned myself around a few years back by letting the heart and the head start working more closely and letting the best outcome ensue.

Get them right and you can achieve a lot

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.