Home – New Forums New here? Share your story As Dr. Nick would say, Hiiii everybodyyyy (Simpsons :) )

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    SashaB
    • Total posts: 14
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone, I would just like to introduce myself. My name is Sasha and I’ve been scrolling through this forum for the past week and found some very informative and educational content, hence why I decided to join.

I am currently working for a large company in Australia which distributes catalogues. I have my own truck and work as a sub-contractor delivering the catalogues to the walkers. I have also ran my own Removals company along side this job. Recently I have completed a dual diploma in Logistics and also Business Management.

I hope to hear from people in the Logistics industry and share some ideas. Thank you for reading and if you have any questions I’d be more then happy to respond.

Sasha

simonw
    • Total posts: 60
    Up

Great to see another Simpsons fan on the forum! I record every episode on my Tivo to give myself a nice lunch break every day when working from home.

SashaB
    Up
    simonw, post: 123214 wrote:
    Great to see another Simpsons fan on the forum! I record every episode on my Tivo to give myself a nice lunch break every day when working from home.

Definitely a good show, even after 20 years they can still produce the goods.

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Sash,

yep another simpsons lover :)

Steve

kya
    • Total posts: 19
    Up

Hi Sasha nice to meet you! I hope you are able to meet people within your industry to help and bounce ideas with. :D

My cats breath smells like cat food. – Ralph Wiggum

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Sasha, and welcome,

We do have some very experienced freight and logistics folk around here, so I’m sure you will make some great contacts.

In the meantime, thanks for introducing yourself to us, and for joining the forum :)

Jayne

Cjay
    • Total posts: 183
    Up

Welcome!

When I was studying in university I spent my nights working 40 hour weeks in a logistics facility, supplying over $800m of stock a year. I wouldn’t say I look back on it with a sense of nostalgia! ;)

SashaB
    Up

Thank you all for the warm welcome :) Cjay i havent actually worked in an Logistics company but these days it has become so big. Every company has their own section for Logistics and Transport. At the moment I’m trying to get some experience and hopefully down the future apply for some management positions, which is what i really want to do.

Sasha

Cjay
    • Total posts: 183
    Up

Indeed, so massive now…

A lot of the companies will set a contract out though, then the contracted company will subcontract to make up the difference. There were a few independents back when I was there, however they were driving the larger rigs…

Good luck with your endeavors. :)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.