Home – New Forums Marketing mastery As promised, photo of my car signage

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    angela123
    • Total posts: 310
    Up
    ::

Morning everyone

well here is a photo of my car sign that I arranged this week, was a bit of a rush job, as I really wanted it done in time for our holiday up the North Coast tomorrow. We are spending a week up there and I wanted to get some exposure while we are there.
    Anyway, because it was rushed, it turned out less than perfect, the ‘P’ and ‘A’ are missing from the business name, and part of my image is missing.
    The signwriter who I used is very good, and he has offered to fit a free replacement sign when I return.
    Also, thinking of removing window wiper as it blocks part of my message, how much do these things usually get used anyway? I haven’t had to use it yet as I haven’t had a chance to drive in the rain.
    Think it will do the job until then anyway, my website is legible, and I think it is pretty eyecatching, amazed that it is almost invisible from the driver’s seat looking in the rear vision mirror.
    I consider it money well spent, have my own mobile billboard now :)

cheers
    Angela

13-01-2013-11-52-54-AM.jpg

Craig_Longmuir
    • Total posts: 556
    Up

I’d say the sign writer isn’t good and made mistakes… But yes people will get the idea and the www

angela123
    Up
    craiglongmuir.com, post: 147151 wrote:
    I’d say the sign writer isn’t good and made mistakes… But yes people will get the idea and the www

well, I did kind of rush him, and I have seen lots of his other work which looks great. anyway he is replacing it for free, so all good. I like the look of it (apart from the obvious), so will be 100% happy when it is fixed :)

Jodie McLeod
    • Total posts: 345
    Up

Hi Angela,

It’s a great sign and very high impact.

If you’re getting it done again, a few things I notice – there seems to be an extra space between www.*pet… which you should probably delete, and I reckon losing the .00 on $50 would make it tighter.

Up to you!

Cheers,

Jodie

angela123
    Up
    FS Editor, post: 147154 wrote:
    Hi Angela,

It’s a great sign and very high impact.

If you’re getting it done again, a few things I notice – there seems to be an extra space between www.*pet… which you should probably delete, and I reckon losing the .00 on $50 would make it tighter.

Up to you!

Cheers,

Jodie

thanks Jodie, you know I didn’t even notice the space after www and yep, it would look better without the .00
    thanks for the feedback, will get these things done on the replacement :)

Tee Me Up
    • Total posts: 8
    Up

Angela,

You might also want to leave some white space at the bottom below the words “2 year flea & tick protection under $50” so the windscreen wiper does not cover the words. You want to make sure everything is readable and I think it would make it look more professional.

Regards
    Glenn

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Angela,

My sign writer advised removal of the rear windscreen wiper, he said it damages the vinyl. He also recommended not to use the rear demister.

Steve

Trent
    • Total posts: 68
    Up
    Divert To Mobile, post: 147161 wrote:
    Hi Angela,

My sign writer advised removal of the rear windscreen wiper, he said it damages the vinyl. He also recommended not to use the rear demister.

Steve

I had the same advice, Steve – but coming from the trouble-making-I-want-to-know-how-that-works family that I do, I had to test it when I knew that I needed to change the signage soon, so I did both.

Deterioration caused by the demister = No visible lifting, etc
    Deterioration from the wiper = Noticeable marks and wearing of the print after 2 months.

Angela – do you have an update on the sign? I’m sure we’d all ove to see it :D

John Templeton
    • Total posts: 65
    Up

I hope the re-do is better than the original. Even for a rush job it’s pretty substandard. Typos, sizing issues… I’m glad the signwriter agreed to do a free replacement when you got back from your trip. Any photos of the new one?

The Barefoot Marketer
    • Total posts: 61
    Up

Don’t really want to throw a spanner in the works but I think you could use your space better.

From a response point of view you want your offer of “2 year flea and tick protection for under $50” to be a major selling point. That is what will get attention of people with flea and tick problems when they are sitting in traffic more so than your business name.

Your business name is also clearly identified in the www so I don’t know if you need it twice.

Just a thought!

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up

Angela,

You are clearly proud and passionate about what you do. You want to be successful and you want your clients to benefit from your expertise.

I want you to think for a moment what’s really important to your client:

They are busy and get bombarded with empty slogans all day. What do they want to see first? a headline that appeals to their hopes / pain or a company name? Think about it this next time you see ad – anywhere.

Secondly, do you want to attract low end customers who are price conscious or those who view their pets as their family members and are willing to pay for quality?

Finally, what would compel a pet lover to contact you? What about some information on 5 points to identify dodgey protectors and how they can hurt the animal without the owner being aware?

There is a reason why smart businesses invest in marketing consulting and it’s because most designers have no idea how to create websites, business cards, signs, ads, etc that generate high quality leads ready to give you money.

If your marketing is not setup up to produce tangible and measurebale sales, your prospects will go to inferior competition who understand lead generation marketing.

You lose, your potential customer loses but your competition wins.

angela123
    Up
    John Templeton, post: 154776 wrote:
    I hope the re-do is better than the original. Even for a rush job it’s pretty substandard. Typos, sizing issues… I’m glad the signwriter agreed to do a free replacement when you got back from your trip. Any photos of the new one?

Here is the replacement, sorry forgot to post it like I said I would.
    If there are any experts out there who can improve on this and can make my ad a must go to, would love to hear from you :)

27-03-2013-10-24-32-AM.jpg

themobilebillboardco
    • Total posts: 75
    Up

Nothing compares to the impact of a Mobile Billboard though ;)

JR

Sign Here Graphix
    • Total posts: 32
    Up

Hi Angela,

Just joined the forum and saw this post.

Good to see that yor sign guy recognised the initial error and provided a replacement, however I think there are still improvements to be made in the layout.

I know how hard it is to get a rear window right as they are never square and they are curved which can distort text.

If it were me I would have extended the blue bands to run all the way across the top of the graphic as it is so close to the edges there is no benefit from the negative space between them and the sides of the car.

Also, as far as your offer is concerned as it is not part of what you are advertising (Cooling gear for Dogs/Cats/Horses) I probably would have not included it on this part of the vehicle.

My suggestion would have been to use cut vinyl text lower down on the vehicle, as even if you remove the wiper, the spindle and grommet will still get in the way of the text, it also makes it look like it is easily changeable and may help create a sense of urgency for people to contact you.

It is hard to tell from a photo on a screen, but I would advise anyone considering this type of signage solution to pay a little extra and have the graphic laminated.

Using a high quality laminate will protect the image from the elements. Normally where you see window grahics that have been worn off from the wiper, it is because there is no laminate and the wiper has literally wiped the ink off the substrate.

I have done quite a number of these and will only do them with laminate, otherwise 12 months down the track I reckon the client will be telling all of their friends how bad a job I did, not coming back to me for another one.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.