Home – New Forums Starting your journey ASIC public register.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    parrot_014
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hello all,

I have a small dilemma, on the ASIC website, Address for service of documents & Principal place of business/practice are listed publicly. Due to the nature of the business, in the make up industry work will not ever be carried out at the following home address, so why does it need to be displayed?

All that i have found out is that i can suppress this information, but why do i need to do that. Every other business name i lookup on ABN lookup, has their trading name grayed out? This seems to not show the address.

How can i do this? Thankyou

al.giffard
    • Total posts: 97
    Up

Hi parrot_014,

My understanding is that the addresses linked to registered business names are made public for transparency purposes – so the public knows who they are dealing with in business and how to contact them. As you mentioned, if the principle place of business is a residential address, you can ask to have it suppressed. You can’t have the address for service of documents suppressed.

There was a new national business name registration system that was introduced in May last year. Business names linked to an ABN before then were linked as trading names, and weren’t linked to the ASIC site (business name registrations were state-based then). New business names will appear on ABN Lookup and will link to the relevant ASIC record, including the addresses.

Cheers,

Al.

BarefootMaternity
    • Total posts: 99
    Kennethti
    • Total posts: 415
    Up
    parrot_014, post: 153365 wrote:
    Hello all,

I have a small dilemma, on the ASIC website, Address for service of documents & Principal place of business/practice are listed publicly. Due to the nature of the business, in the make up industry work will not ever be carried out at the following home address, so why does it need to be displayed?

All that i have found out is that i can suppress this information, but why do i need to do that. Every other business name i lookup on ABN lookup, has their trading name grayed out? This seems to not show the address.

How can i do this? Thankyou

It’s for the service of legal documents to your business. You cannot suppress this information.

ABN lookup is not a service run by ASIC and is superseded by ASIC’s business registration search.

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

As Kenneth mentioned, “address for service” will not be suppressed, and must be a street address. You can suppress a part of the trading address, so it will only display the suburb/state.

I believe that over time ASIC intends on updating ALL business names so the full information appears. Those you see at the moment without address information are likely to have been registered pre May 2012 and just haven’t been fully migrated/updated yet.

If you are concerned, read through the link Barefoot Maternity provided for some ways you can voice your concern. Consider asking your accountant or solicitor if they would act as your address for service for the purpose of your business name so it’s their address appearing in this spot.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.