Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Ask this to make Closing a hell of a lot easier!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Mr Q
    • Total posts: 40
    Up
    ::

You know what the problem with closing is??…….Closing.

I’m not here to make a long tailwinded post, I just wanted to give you all this question model that when you use it will increase your closing. Period. Gauranteed.

I’m assumeing that once found out your clients/customers need or problem and explained your service or product As a SOLUTION TO THEIR NEED OR PROBLEM say this:

Ok Bob, now that I’ve got a great understanding of what you are looking for, is there anything that I’ve missed or you would like to know more information about?

No all good proceed to next statement

Yes…. listen to what they say and answer any questions they have then repeat Qustion 1

Great, can you see yourself/business using our service/product to help you with what you are looking for? (obiously you want to be more specific here)

No Ok, can I ask you why? (deal with it and then go back to Question 1)

Yes

Fantastic, well let me show you how we can take care of things and get that problem or need fixed (never ever say PAY no one ever wants to pay for anything, but people do like to take care of things!!!)

These simple questions simply give you the Permission to ask them for the sale and will decrease the probability of getting an objection by up to 60%!!

all you have to do now is presents prices and ask them “How would you like to ……………………..PPPP no no no!!!….. Take care of things?”

:)

Adam Randall
    • Total posts: 382
    Up

Have memorised it and am on my way to an appointment, will let you know if it works out.

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

Yes this is a good, time proven “solutions based” approach.

Like people love to buy, but they hate being sold….

Adam Randall
    • Total posts: 382
    Up

Ah didnt get far enough.

Its a school and a rather large one so they are going a little more in depth with tenders and what not.

I have 4 appointments tommorow, one is all but guaranteed as long as I do not start chanting on his desk, three I will have to work on and will give it a go then.

Mr Q
    • Total posts: 40
    Up
    Adam Randall, post: 21038 wrote:
    Ah didnt get far enough.

Its a school and a rather large one so they are going a little more in depth with tenders and what not.

I have 4 appointments tommorow, one is all but guaranteed as long as I do not start chanting on his desk, three I will have to work on and will give it a go then.

I look forward to hearing how if goes!! I’m impressed that you have already memorized it!! That is the key to a very successful sales professional…..repitition and practice!! if only businesses started thinking like sporting teams or professional athletes how much progress they would have!!

[Former] FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hey there Adam,

That’s a big day! Hope you manage to restrain yourself from chanting ;-)

We’ll look forward to hearing about your success later in the week!

Good luck
    Jayne

Lucki
    • Total posts: 147
    Up

hi Luke,

Great advice. I have often heard that people forget the closing and miss big opportunities. Like Adam I will have to memorize it and USE it! Also true many businesses are just interested in selling and not listening to what the customer actually wants.

Thanks for the tip.

Cheers
    Lucki

LeelaCosgrove
    • Total posts: 634
    Up

Not bad – I’d tweak a bit:

“Great, can you see yourself/business using our service/product to help you with what you are looking for? (obiously you want to be more specific here)”

Instead I’d do a proper trial close.

“Great, so Mr X if I can show you how our service / product will fulfill your stated need – is that something you’d be interested in doing?”

Yes – ask for the order.

No –

“Okay, so what would be holding you back at this point?”

Mr X tells you it’s the money.

“Great Mr X – so if I could show you a way that we could make this fit within your current budget but also turn it into a profit centre – is that something you’d be interested in doing?”

Yes – ask for the order

No – now you know money isn’t the real objection. Keep playing this game over and over again until you get to the REAL reason they’re not buying – and remember:

It’s NEVER money.

If people don’t have the cashflow but they REALLY want your product or service, they’ll ask for a payment plan.

“It’s too expensive” – really means “I don’t see the value”. Which means you need to go back and build that value.

Here’s the thing about closing – people get all hung up on it, but closing is actually dead easy.

Because the sale is made LONG before you ask for the credit card.

The close starts from the second you begin talking to someone – it’s all about developing rapport, establishing their needs, showing them how your product fulfills that need, establishing the value of the product and then getting payment details.

That’s all there is to it.

Chris Bates
    • Total posts: 966
    Up

Leela do you want to do my cold calling for me? :D

I’ll pay you in foot massages!

LeelaCosgrove
    Up

*Grins*

My days of cold calling are over buddy! I did my hard yards – now I have a system, a script and a sales team! Yay!

But I still sell from the stage … which is just as hard in its own way … rejection on the phone is one thing – but when you spend all day presenting for a room of 50 people and they all walk out in front of you and don’t buy … that hurts!

LeelaCosgrove
    Up

… but of course, that said – I learned my awesomeness from The SalesWarlord. Wanna get good? You need to talk to him … what he’s done with people from this site is INCREDIBLE …

In my first year of sales EVER I sold $1Milllion worth of stuff thanks to his tutelage.

There’s this one guy who went from paying an outsourced company tens of thousands of dollars and being told that his product could never be sold – to closing on the FIRST CALL within a week and putting a sales team in place in week two who started closing sales on the first DAY.

It’s just about having a system. And once you’ve got a system and you put the hard yards in (and it doesn’t even have to be for all that long!) – you can get other people to do it for you …

I hate watching so many people run around in circles trying to make it happen on their own with no experience. It’s a false economy – like getting a monkey to do brain surgery on you … yes, it’s cheaper. And hey, maybe the monkey will figure it out eventually … maybe … and probably only after screwing it up a LOT.

Or you could just pay someone who dedicated their lives to learning brain surgery.

A had a friend who spent years trying to lose weight using drugs and shakes. Then a few years back she went and got a personal trainer and started eating right and shed the kilos so quickly she was shocked,

“You know Leela, I spent years trying to lose weight ‘the easy way’ – who knew diet and exercise WAS the easy way!”

Find someone who has got the results you want to get.

Get the help you need to get.

Because can you figure it out yourself?

Sure.

But it’s going to take you 10 years (possibly more if you’re doing it on your own and have no one to teach you) to figure it out.

Stop trying to reinvent the wheel!

I guess for me it’s greed and impatience.

I don’t want to wait 10 years to make the money I could be making in two weeks.

Chris Bates
    Up

Hey Leela,

Thanks for the tip, I have seen SalesWarlord’s website before. I would love to learn from him, but there’s two problems I have.

1) I don’t have the 250 leads he requires
    2) I don’t have the $997 he requires!

I can totally see the value in it, and know the benefits I would receive from it. But it’s a simple physical limitation, I just can’t expend that money right now! :(

I shall have to keep letting the monkey learn on my brain for now :P

LeelaCosgrove
    Up

… the money objection is NEVER about money … :)

Earlier this year, we put on our first 3 day Bootcamp. We really hurt our cashflow in the lead up because we were flying all over the country doing free preview events – so as you can imagine, that means flights for two, accommodation for two, a hotel with projector ($1,200 a pop) – everywhere we went. Along with needing $10k to secure the 3 day event. So we were selling well, but all the money was disappearing right back into promoting / putting on the event.

And things got tough.

We have a whole thing around credit – we’re committed to boot-strapping our business and so we ONLY work with our own money.

So one night we’re sitting there, stressing over numbers at 10pm and Thor is like …

“I’m going to sell my Les Paul.”

Now – background. Thor was a musician in his younger years – played in goth bands all over Melbourne. Modeled for Bill Henson. And that Les Paul was part of his life the whole time … I know how much it means to him.

I’m like …

“You’re not selling the Les Paul. Forget about it. I’d rather cancel the event.”

And he’s like …

“Leela – I believe in what you’re doing. I know this is going to be successful. We just have to get through this rough patch and everything is going to be okay.”

And the next day he took his Les Paul to the local guitar shop and sold it.

And we DID get through.

And we WERE very successful.

And we haven’t had cashflow issues from that time forward.

On an interesting note – we went to buy the guitar back post-Event success. But Les Paul had died the week before and it was sold. Gone.

But we got through because Thor was willing to put something he cared about that much on the line to make it happen. Because we believed in ourselves enough to back ourselves. Because we made a COMMITMENT – put ourselves in the corner and then fought our way out.

Or you know.

You can keep going round in circles.

Chris Bates
    Up

Completely understand what you’re saying Leela, and I do believe I would get my return from the lessons I would learn. But it’s still a physical restriction, I just don’t have that money, nor do I have the credit card to “borrow” that amount.

Although I have a credit app in at the moment, so I might be able to do it in the new year.

I don’t even really have anything of value I could sell, haha! Oh the joys of starting a new life :D

THE SALES WARLORD
    • Total posts: 141
    Up

Actually I have to update my site.

With the work I have been doing with clients recently I have realised how dramatically under priced I am so in the new year I am going to be charging $2997 because I really am giving them the keys to make 30k plus.

I took a bloke from 0 sales to $2,800 in his first week – so I can deliver.

Why shouldn’t I get paid!

Chris,

I feel where you’re at, but most of it is between your ears.

Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can’t – your right.

Its all about attitude and self belief – the techniques are useless if you can’t make the phone calls because you are thinking you have no list.

The yellow pages is a good list.

So is google.

As to having nothing to sell what about your services…

How many sales would you have to make to afford me?

Dude, call me.

I will give you 10 minutes for free.

If you aren’t 100% convinced we part ways no harm done.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.