Home – New Forums Other discussions Asking Advice for DD

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #966383
    JulieA
    Member
    • Total posts: 130
    Up
    0
    ::

    My DD is recently “expecting”, and has been quite ill ( non-related), and as a result, she can no longer work. ( Her work were VERY accommodating, but there is a limit).
    She will be unable to find any jobs until afterwards( and her illness won’t be cured til then either), so I told her I would try and find out if there are any legitimate “work from home data entry” jobs out there, or if they are all scams.

    The small amount of research I’ve done suggests the REAL jobs are very hard to find, that the scammers seem to have cornered Google and everywhere else.

    So, does anyone know if there even ARE any real data entry work from home jobs?

    Some of these scammers are very clever…using FB as some sort of “legitimacy”…but then forgetting to change their profile pictures , and using same ID but different names on other Squidoos. *shakes head*
    One even has a site with a list of work from home data entry scammers- now that’s “inventive’!( or, as I prefer—downright deceptive)

    #1017862
    exstatic
    Member
    • Total posts: 335
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Julie,

    What sort of skills does she have? She could possibly do some freelance writing, write articles for people.

    What is it your DD did for work before her illness? Is it possible to use that skillset online or from home by any chance?

    What about other things like PA type work? Maybe virtual assistant work?

    In terms of data entry, from what I have found that has all been outsourced to India because it is so cheap, so even if she can get into some of that sort of work it might not pay much at all.

    #1017863
    JulieA
    Member
    • Total posts: 130
    Up
    0
    ::
    exstatic, post: 20615 wrote:
    Hi Julie,

    What sort of skills does she have? She could possibly do some freelance writing, write articles for people.

    What is it your DD did for work before her illness? Is it possible to use that skillset online or from home by any chance?

    What about other things like PA type work? Maybe virtual assistant work?

    In terms of data entry, from what I have found that has all been outsourced to India because it is so cheap, so even if she can get into some of that sort of work it might not pay much at all.

    Hi exstatic,
    Funny you should mention writing- she IS a very good creative writer… and very creative artstically. She’s just never had enough faith in her talents.

    Before her illness she was doing courier delivery work round Brisbane ( and was promoted very quickly there because she is a very dedicated, loyal employee- just an aside here: she was working at a take away place years ago…I started there too, about 2 months after her, I lasted 3 hours, she stuck it out for over 6 months!)

    Yes, I was starting to realise the data entry stuff would not be viable. I’ll plant a flea in her ear about her writing…and also suggest she develop her typing skills. I’m not sure she’ll be able to do enough to generate any sort of income in the short term though ( her DH s sorta freaking out about them only having one income, but I think they’ll manage okay).

    Maybe this situation will be the motivation to DO more writing…it’s an ill wind, and all that :-)
    Thanks for those words, they’ve helped a lot.

    #1017864
    LeelaCosgrove
    Member
    • Total posts: 634
    Up
    0
    ::

    Try the Freelance networks:

    http://www.guru.com

    http://www.e-lance.com

    The jobs on here are legitimate – there’s data entry and a whole bunch of other things (writing is just one).

    #1017865
    JulieA
    Member
    • Total posts: 130
    Up
    0
    ::
    LeelaCosgrove, post: 20617 wrote:
    Try the Freelance networks:

    http://www.guru.com

    http://www.e-lance.com

    The jobs on here are legitimate – there’s data entry and a whole bunch of other things (writing is just one).

    Thank you Leela!

    #1017866
    LeelaCosgrove
    Member
    • Total posts: 634
    Up
    0
    ::

    … probably better for her than running a full-time business – she can take on work as she wants it and then rest when she needs to … no sales and marketing and general business set up required … :)

    #1017867
    JulieA
    Member
    • Total posts: 130
    Up
    0
    ::
    LeelaCosgrove, post: 20619 wrote:
    … probably better for her than running a full-time business – she can take on work as she wants it and then rest when she needs to … no sales and marketing and general business set up required … :)

    Indeed! And as luck would have it…I’m going to Brisbane tomorrow to await the birth of my other DD’s first! Will take the opportunity to light a fire under the expectant one LOL
    Thank you, again :-)

    #1017868
    Chris Bates
    Member
    • Total posts: 966
    Up
    0
    ::

    odesk.com is one that I’ve been using to find outsources, yet another one she can browse for work!

    Good luck

    #1017869
    JulieA
    Member
    • Total posts: 130
    Up
    0
    ::
    Chris Bates, post: 20623 wrote:
    odesk.com is one that I’ve been using to find outsources, yet another one she can browse for work!

    Good luck

    Another one to add to the list! Thanks Chris :-)

    #1017870
    bradzo
    Member
    • Total posts: 335
    Up
    0
    ::
    JulieA, post: 20620 wrote:
    Indeed! And as luck would have it…I’m going to Brisbane tomorrow to await the birth of my other DD’s first! Will take the opportunity to light a fire under the expectant one LOL
    Thank you, again :-)

    Hey Julie

    A bit behind, (only got Internet access back on this afternoon) but if you’re visiting Brisbane, come and say hello!

    PM me for details!

    And congrats and best wishes to both DD’s!

    Cheers
    Brad

    #1017871
    JulieA
    Member
    • Total posts: 130
    Up
    0
    ::
    bradzo, post: 20636 wrote:
    Hey Julie

    A bit behind, (only got Internet access back on this afternoon) but if you’re visiting Brisbane, come and say hello!

    PM me for details!

    And congrats and best wishes to both DD’s!

    Cheers
    Brad
    Definitely! Will PM you :-)
    Hope your move went well…wb to online:-)

    Thanks for best wishes- I actually jinxed myself last year, when DS and new wife announced they were expecting- I said: ” You watch…I’ll go from NO grandkids to THREE in one year!”…..yep, DD who s ill is due next May, making it THREE in the year! :p

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.