Home Forums New here? Share your story At it again…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    BrettM33
    • Total posts: 1,372
    Up

Hey guys,

I’ve been around these forums awhile, may not be as active as I used to be, but I still lurk around from time to time.

So whilst I may not be “new”, I started a web development business a number of years back named “Condor Creative” that didn’t really work out well and I went into it not really knowing what to expect or what I was really going I guess you could say.

I have recently launched a new web development business since I was freelancing anyway but wanted to focus again on getting some new clients.

This time around I feel I have learnt a lot, much from my past mistakes and definitely know what to expect, and overall feel I am much more ready and prepared to handle and move forward with something like this.

Anyway, to cut to the chase, I recently launched my new business BLM Media where I primarily work with Professional based businesses to build and strategise their website and online presence.

So just wanted to say hey and re-introduce myself :)

Mischelle
    • Total posts: 805
    Up

Hi Brett,

Great to see you back and up and running.

Good luck in the new venture.

Cheers
    Mischelle

ModernDayPA
    • Total posts: 12
    Up

Hi Brett,
    Good on you for giving it another crack and doing your relaunch.
    Cath

John Romaine
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,108
    Up

Brett, if you’re interested we should have a chat. I’m not hard to find.

BrettM33
    Up

Thanks everyone :) John, I will send you a PM.

valentlau
    Participant
    • Total posts: 62
    Up

Good to see you here. I have a few opinions which may not necessarily be correct ;)

1) Your lack of location/address near the contact form doesn’t help client confidence.

2) When you’re next in Sydney, I want to help you with your profile shot. It’s great you put yourself out there, but a headshot should do so much more, it should actually work for you.

3) Your copy could use help. Eg “have come to gain a pretty good” is both passive and lukewarm. It could be much stronger.

BrettM33
    Up

Thanks Valent – I appreciate the constructive criticism.

Quote:
    1) Your lack of location/address near the contact form doesn’t help client confidence.

I understand this, but seeing as I don’t have an office and work from home I prefer not to list my home address. At first I wasn’t 100% sure if to list my mobile number as I don’t have a dedicated business one, just my personal one (at least for now), but I figure I should list that.

Quote:
    2) When you’re next in Sydney, I want to help you with your profile shot. It’s great you put yourself out there, but a headshot should do so much more, it should actually work for you.

Agreed, when I got that done awhile back I was on a bit of a budget and hired someone from Snappr; good value for money however.

Quote:
    3) Your copy could use help. Eg “have come to gain a pretty good” is both passive and lukewarm. It could be much stronger.

100% agree – the copy is one thing I am definitely planning on getting rewritten by someone that actually knows what they’re doing in that area haha… thanks for the push :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.