Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Attending first business expo (Trade)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tinkie
    • Total posts: 22
    Up
    ::

I’m attending my first business trade show or expo on Saturday, for Muslim businesses and services. My product is the Muslim Directory Australia and in it’s first year of business, (3rd year as an online directory)

I have made up leaflets, application forms, a newsletter subscription form (on a clipboard), a box for business cards, for free business listings and the online and print media kits (in plastic sleeve books).

What I would like to know is, if it is fine to provide fridge magnets (with the logo, short description and website in bold) to the other trade businesses visiting, over and above the leaflets?

I’m so nervous, I’ve always been behind the scenes and at last just getting out there, and so afraid to do the wrong thing, but then that’s learning ..

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

Hi Tinkie

How exciting to be stepping out of your comfort zone this way !! Good for you!

Usually expos have their conditions linked when you complete the application form (I’m assuming it was online?) such as what can be displayed, the size of the booth, signage etc. I can’t imagine why you wouldn’t be able to share your fridge magnets, but see if you can get hold of the conditions to make sure.

Wendy

peter k
    • Total posts: 15
    Up

I think its fine. Try to get your name out there anyway you can! Especially if its your first time.

Promotional products can get pretty expensive so think about what will give you the best exposure.

Pull up banners are great– or promotional USB.

Check out these sites for products

http://www.quapromotions.com.au/

http://www.pullupbannersmelbourne.com.au/

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Jenny,

Am I right in thinking that the two links you’ve posted are for your own business or one you work for?

Please bear in mind the forum guidelines around self-promotion, and in particular our request that participants be upfront about any affiliation:

Quote:
    Any affiliate links not accompanied by a disclosure statement clearly outlining the nature of your affiliation will be removed.

Thanks,
    Jayne

The Infotainer
    • Total posts: 612
    Up

please understand that 80% of giveaways are thrown out and most of the time this is at the bin right outside the exit

Your goal as an exhibitor is to get contact details and lead information- less about handing out your own details

why?

for starters when you hand stuff out- you have to wait for them to call you plus the bulk of it is thrown out

better sales is getting their info so you can follow-up.

Giveaways have been used on trade shows forever pens caps stress balls- etc all a complete waste of your money, your giveaway should be an incentive to fill out the lead generation form, instead of spending 1K on crappy giveaways, have a prize worth $1000- this is what motivates people

when you look on promotional companies websites you never ever read about how their promotional product increase sales at a business if you don’t think I know anything about trade shows here is my trade show website link- I do not anticipate you booking my services on this one http://www.tradeshowcrowdbuilder.com.au look at the testimonials I know what I am talking about.

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

Hi Tinkie

The expo was last Saturday, right? How did it go for you?

Wendy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.