Home – New Forums Money matters AUD v USD whats happening

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    DANKS
    • Total posts: 134
    Up
    ::

Predictions people…
    What are we expecting out of the all might Aussie Dollar.

We have all read about the US investor George Soros and his Aussie dollar prediction…
    “We think the Australian dollar will come down and will come down hard,” Druckenmiller said today at the Sohn Investment Conference in New York. “Its expensive.”

Where do we all think the AUD is heading?As i import from the US im praying no less then 85cents.

Thoughts?

bluepenguin
    • Total posts: 1,026
    Up

I have heard about a zillion differing predictions regarding our economy/dollar/housing prices over the last few days, and it seems to me, that no one has any idea what’s going to happen.

DANKS
    • Total posts: 134
    Up

im recieving more negative predictions then positives to be honest… just hoping it wont slump to low.

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up

While the rest of the planet prints money as fast as it can, our dollar will stay high in comparison, imho.

If China stops wanting the stuff we dig up, that’ll change quickly.

Rumour has it, Rio is selling off assets as quick as it can, to soften the blow when iron ore prices fall through the floor … that’ll make it interesting.

In my region we produce, rather than import … the high dollar is killing business quick locally … 85 cents would save a lot of souls … most farmers I know are in trouble over that.

But as said, who knows, I’m sure nothing I do or say will change anything

MH08
    • Total posts: 284
    Up

Interesting topic, I was just out with a friend earlier today that was a sales broker for a bank in Sydney.

It is very expensive to live in Australia and all derivatives (mortgage securities are derivatives also) are all tired up into one another, we pay to much for our homes, groceries, fuels, cars etc. In comparison to the rest of the world, the rest will riot and fight when things don’t go their way compared to here were we bend over and take it.

The Australian dollar falls into the same category now, George has said that we were 0.20c +/- to high, which he is right because people have the perception that we avoided disaster because China bought our minerals and so forth. Now that China’s industrial sector has slowed down at an alarming rate (faster than predicted) the rest of the world is thinking otherwise now.

As far as some of my old finance mates, the dollar should fall, it’s over priced as everything is here.

Properties are rising faster than ever, groceries, cars, fuel, etc and don’t think your pay will increase to match it, I can’t ever see the news ‘Everyone leave for Australia! Waitress earns $150K a year doing 30hrs a week).

We are a young country acting like the jones’ neighbours in the developed world with larger populations.

Australia is a great country, but maybe soon, it may be relocation time.

My opinion.. Our dollar is overpriced and what is expensive today is cheap tomorrow.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.