Home – New Forums Logistics Aus Post International Letter

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    roguekiwi
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    ::

Hi – I am looking to post some items internationally – they should fit within the dimensions of the Aus Post letter (less than 30cm by 20cm by 2cm).

However when I went to post one this morning I guess it was maybe 1mm too thick (it didn’t easily fall through their measuring tool) – though if she had of squished it or pulled it through slightly I am sure it would have fit – and the cost ballooned from around $7 to $14.

This really kills my margins – is there any alternative? did I just get a bad employee?

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    roguekiwi, post: 210742 wrote:
    Hi – I am looking to post some items internationally – they should fit within the dimensions of the Aus Post letter (less than 30cm by 20cm by 2cm).

However when I went to post one this morning I guess it was maybe 1mm too thick (it didn’t easily fall through their measuring tool) – though if she had of squished it or pulled it through slightly I am sure it would have fit – and the cost ballooned from around $7 to $14.

This really kills my margins – is there any alternative? did I just get a bad employee?

No you got a good employee, if it doesnt fit within the guidelines it should be charged at the higher rate. They are doing there job as far as looking after Australia Posts interests.

Having said that I use a Post office where I know they will look after the custimer and let something a bit over thru, they are technically the bad employee for not looking after the interests of there employer / Licensee. But from my perspective they are the best

perla
    • Total posts: 31
    Up

Unfortunately there are no other alternatives that I am aware of. Auspost International Letter rates by far are the most cost effective ways to send our products overseas and so far we have not found any other less expensive options. Would you be able to change your packaging to make them less than 20mm?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.