Home – New Forums Tell me straight… AustAccounting Mobile App

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    steve201
    Participant
    • Total posts: 280
    Up
    ::

Hi there,

I thought it would be more appropriate to put this thread under a “Tell me Straight” blog rather than a “Tech” blog because what I am about to say will be requiring input from you the reader as a non-tech person as well as our tech friends.

We introduced an mobile service hub late last year called “AustAccounting” , in the form of a mobile app. But unlike most mobile apps that shrink the capacity and functionality of the services on the mobile app itself, our AustAccounting app encompasses full website usage behind each button.

For example, we have an e Marketing service called “e Marketing”, right at the bottom of the mobile app – which is a fully functioning website with all the bells and whistles of normal website. You access this service by signing up for a subscription for the e Marketing service whereby you can access it on any mobile device- Android or Apple iphone.

The whole premise of this mobile app service hub, is that all the services a small business would require over a lifetime of business operations, to help you grow and expand.

The AustAccounting mobile app service hub is free to download – you only pay for the premium services you use.

We are in the process of introducing financial planning tools by the end of 2016, onto the AustAccounting mobile app.

The question I have is the mobile app approach something of value to both yourself as a small business owner, and your accountant / business advisor?

If you were to be in a position to purchase your own version of this mobile app , or use the individual premium services on the Aust Accounting mobile app – could you as a small business owner or accountant see the benefit in its use?

I want to leave you with some past client experiences.

1 – A NSW business owner went on a trip to Europe for 4 weeks in 2016 to drum up business , and required a method to manage her business electronically and securely whilst she was overseas. As soon as she had contacted us, we were able to provide her with access to the AustAccounting app services she required at a reasonable cost. The point being her Australian based business was managed efficiently whilst she was in Europe, and she won over the European business she wanted.

2 – A startup in NSW requested a very low cost method for accounting for pay as you go withholding taxes on her wage. In mid 2016, we advised for this client to use AustAccounting mobile app. She now has a very good ability to track her wage and taxes, to the point she has no issues with payment of her wage and the pay as you go taxes on that wage.

Please review, and give me your straight opinion.

Thank You.

Steven Thomas CPA

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi And Welcome to the Forums Steven. It is great to have you!

Pesonally, I use an accountant to prepare my financial statements and to provide Tax advice around business expenses and how to structure my entity.

In the absence of an explanation around how you achieved the outcome in example 1 I am not sure if I would be a good fit for your model because I am looking for services detailed above.

Cheers

steve201
    Participant
    Up

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your recent response, and the welcome !!!

The mobile app example 1 can be very simply explained.

The client whom was travelling overseas for a European business trip for 4 weeks earlier this year, needed an electronic method to do a range of tasks such as advertising, bookkeeping, management account analysis and tax analysis. As the tools were already available on the mobile app called AustAccounting this person was a fantastic candidate.

These activities needed to be completed securely via a mobile device back to Australian based databases for the client’s business.

We achieved the outcome in example one by setting up a series of service logons (paid for) for e Marketing, Xero and Fathom HQ all interacting on the same mobile app.The tax calculators are free to use. If ever their was a question on business structuring or financial planning, then we were a mere click away on skype or email via the app itself – at the click of a button.

Once the mobile device being used (eg IPhone ) was password protected, it mitigated the risk of hacking via that device. (The risk was mitigated because we also advised the client to observe certain behaviours such as not using public wifi , due to the almost 100 % certainty of data theft from public wifi.)

The client never reported one single problem, and thanked us for our assistance. This type of mobile app service hub is common in the northern hemisphere, but is very new to Australia and New Zealand.

To give a guide, we were the 11th purchaser in Australia and New Zealand in 2015. We worked with the developer to make it a unique Australasian mobile app.

Imagine you run a transport company and need a way to get money quickly from invoicing and not in 30 days or more. The tools to be invoicing clients fast and paid fast are right here on this Aust Accounting app.

In your case, you said you already have an accountant whom you’re happy with.

That’s great.

The whole purpose of this mobile app is to provide a range of higher value services on a mobile servicing hub, to the mutual benefit of the accountant and clients like you. It is not our aim to steal you away from your accountant – we are trying to open people’s minds and attitudes to a totally new way of working in Australia – but has a lot of history in places like European Union, UK, Canada and the USA.

We are currently working with a Dealer Group of Financial Planners in Newcastle, NSW, to bring financial planning to the AustAccounting mobile app in 2016, in order to provide a one stop shop to clients – at a business and a personal level.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Thank You.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi Steve,

The possibilities sound exciting for you, your users and your partners – and there is probably a gazillion more functions you could build in such as insurance quotes and electricity quotes as well as SMSF etc.

The challenge must be around educating small business around what is possible and getting a sufficient number of users to create momentum.

Good luck!

steve201
    Participant
    Up

Hi Paul

Yes the possibilities are very exciting because to have financial planning advice in the form of SMSF and insurance made more accessible at a click of a button has been a longtime goal of ours.

The problem has been the technology was not often mobile . Now that it is available , the world beckons soon.

Steve

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.